Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-13-2014, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
yea but now compare that to a rider…like an exmark 52?

why did you choose a stander?
Never liked em. Sitting down hurts my back too.

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 03-15-2014, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Member

I didn't think my eXmark vantage (grandstands second cousin) was going to go fast enough but then realized that I was getting less clumps and better cut quality going a little slower than ripping through on the ztr I had. So slower yes, but in the end saved time because I don't have to go over some spots twice.

2014 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Diesel 6.7L
2007 Ford F-550 Powerstroke Switch-n-go 6.0L
2005 Ford F-250 Powerstroke Diesel 6.0L
2000 Ford F-250 Powerstroke w/EZdump 7.3L
2010 7x16 Enclosed
2013 60" eXmark Vantage X-series
eXmark 52" and 36" hydro Walk behinds
Little Wonder & Billy Goat Force Push Blowers
REDMAX Blowers, Trimmers
Giant Vac 35hp Truck Loader
Bandit 250xp 12" chipper
Husqvarna XP saws
Old 03-15-2014, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Most of the ppl complaining that the standers only go 8mph probably do not own one...or to say the least hit a low stump sticking far enough outa the ground just enough to stop the mower dead...or a rock under a bush that can't be seen...I've flipped completly onto the deck before at 7mph...I couldn't imagine 12 mph...screw that 8mp leaves bad enough bruises and rasberries all over me or my guys... Just get a rider if u wanna do more than 8 ...the new x series z's are only $15000 with a 3 bushel bagger ; o
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-15-2014, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, that must have sucked to get thrown onto the deck. I run a ZK most of the time. Never thought much about it coming to a dead stop at full or close to full speed. Yikes.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyK View Post
Wow, that must have sucked to get thrown onto the deck. I run a ZK most of the time. Never thought much about it coming to a dead stop at full or close to full speed. Yikes.
...yea lol no joke...not cool ...luckily I have some good guys who brush it off and chalk it up as a lesson and don't go out on workmans comp (they probably shouldve with the abrasions and bruises )
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2014, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldsStrongestLandscaper View Post
...yea lol no joke...not cool ...luckily I have some good guys who brush it off and chalk it up as a lesson and don't go out on workmans comp (they probably shouldve with the abrasions and bruises )
Posted via Mobile Device
I can't count the time I should have claimed workers comp…

Like the time I threw my back out tugging on a concrete hose (tweaked my syatic nerve…how do you spell that?) and I got fired for 'not keeping up and being productive'…. I didn't want to say anything because I had only been working there a few months.

OR the time a bobcat debris fork/grabber landed on me (operator didn't attach it right, came off) , literally landed on me pinning me to the ground…. dude just looking at me sitting in the machine… Dude come help get this off!
It had to be 800 pounds of metal.
Ground was incredibly soft and squishy so I just smushed me into the muskeg…had that been hard ground, id still be in a body cast.

Or the time a hillside gave away in a rain storm (and I told the owner NOT to take the job, NOT to do it int he rain and that hillside was scary and dangerous)
I ran the machine because the owner INSISTED on getting the job done, and none of the workers would run the machine… (smarter dudes than me)…so after 15 minutes of running it back and forth… the hillside gave away and I endo'd in the ASV… got picks…. it was a crazy slow mo mudslide…. one of my co workers was literally running on hard ground down the slope next to me yelling dude are you all right? yea maybe when it stops rolling!!

I have pics of that.

Never even so much as went to the hospital any of those times (stubborn dumbazz)

so it irks me when dudes bend over to smell daisies and have to run over to the hospital… oh no! I hurt my pinky! I think the doctor needs to give me tums, I got heart burn eating a twinkie while at work!

OH no! Ive got sand in my panties!

go commando and grow a pair.

Rant over.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I made my 60'' GS faster,after 2 years it started slowing down, drive cable slack i presume, anyways I cut the welds on the front drive lever stopers enough to hit w/ rubber hammer, moved it forward 3/4'' re-welded primed painted. Done took about an hour an half. FAST NOW I love the GS aka the Cadillac of standers
2008 tundra 5.7 d-cab -sold-
1998 isuzu diesel dump 14,500gvw
2011 grandstand 60''
2009 phazer 34"
2013 gs 36'