Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-19-2012, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Pfcjs, yes sir that is the scary part. I am currently working on my savings. It's just a drop in the hat at this point.

32vld, I like the idea of working a part time gig in the evenings. Sounds like you have a pretty sweet deal. I strongly agree with the pitfalls of letting an employee loose with my company on the line.

Thanks for the advice guys, definitely appreciated.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-19-2012, 02:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
you can easily gross 43k in landscaping but that doesnt mean that you are taking home 43k like your full time job.

Id really take a step back and see your options and research everything more. How much money do you NEED to get by? What are your bills, and then what do you need to feed yourself/family , pay your helper, ect.

If i grossed 43k id prob take home about 25-30k. It costs money to make money. My first year (ligitament when i was 16) we grossed 50k, and i took home 41k. That was with no bills, only gas and one part time helper doing just lawns.

This year we are up to around 270k gross and it costs a hell of a lot more to run a business when you have two full time employees, going to school, and paying for repairs, insurance, taxes...yada yada yada.... I will prob take home about 95k this year, minus school. So after taxes and everything, after 300k of sales i will be up 65k, then my personal bills and feeding my face, and my girlfriends face, and my truck payment, and everyhting else, ill prob be down to about 35k in savings at the end of the year.

What i would do if i were you, is to get your helper going one full day per week working by himself ontop of what you guys alreaday do, while you are at your full time job, so hes picking up the new clients while your at work, so you can keep building up while your still getting your salaried pay. .....long long sentence, but id keep your job until you have enough clients to take care of your bills and be taking a decent amount home as well.

It costs a lot more to go full time than part time.

why the heck are you wasting time in school if you bring home that kind of money? Save yourself the time, aggravation and hassle of a liberal education and focus on your company. I have a bachelors and a masters degree. at 30 years old I'm employed as a school teacher for 8 years. I make $36,600 and after I gotta pay union dues, taxes, SS, medical, etc I'm lucky to have 20K left to live of for the rest of the year. Seriously, take a long hard look at what you're going to school for and if it's even worth it. I'm starting to learn that education isn't going to pay off, but hard work will. some of the richest people in America dropped out of school.......
Old 10-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Sponsor

covered up!

Of you are needing a boost to go full time in the spring then I would strongly encourage you to use acculawnsystems.com. See what the homeowner sees at AccuLawncare.com. You will be up an running a full time business in no time. The key is to drive customers to you website and have them sign up instantly. If you are growing too fast you can always refuse work which is a great problem to have.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Sponsor

covered up!

Furthermore, we are offering this system to only one LCO per area. So once a LCO signs up for the area we will not be able to offer this technology to any other LCO in that area. This is a huge advantage to the LCO that is able to use this method in their area to gain new customers. Also, the LCO will be the only one posted as a provider on acculawncare.com. Check to see if your area is available by going to acculawnsystems.com and reserve your spot today.