Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-04-2006, 02:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Moving on...time for college! A few last questions

Hello all:

Well it's been a fun ride during my high school years, but it's time for me to move on to college and to bigger, better things. Thanks for all your advice over the years...it helped more than any of you can imagine, so thank you very much! I'll still stay on the site to keep up with everything and I may do a few jobs here and there, but not like I was.

Just a few last questions I need help with. I'm still operating my business, but am going to be putting it out for sale soon. How should I figure it's value in a fair way for both me and the other party?

Some of the equipment I will be keeping, other pieces will be picked up by family members and friends, but in the end, there will still be a fairly large, ready to work setup. Just value all the equipment for sale at it current market value? Say based off of ebay sales, current local sales, etc?

How bout the customers? Some are smaller and actually my orginals, so I'll probably keep doing them for weekly spending money while in college. But how bout the larger commercial sites and residentials? How do you find there value?

Thanks again for everything! I just figure now's a good time to move on to the next step in my life. I can always restart the business if I want to after college. But if not, at least I'll always have a kick ass yard, that's beautifully landscaped and ALWAYS green!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 05:47 AM
LawnSite Member

Good luck with scool. There's power in education......get all you can. You already know what the other end of the spectrum is like.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:59 AM
LawnSite Member

I need some input from someone, anyone who can help. My neighbor has a fungus growing in her mulch. It started out yellow and looked like spilled paint, and started creeping up the foundation if the house. After a few days (I saw it again a week later) it looked like that spray foam insulation and a couple inces thick. Now it's gotten into her climatis and looks like it's going to kill it. She's after it every day, trying to control it.When it first appeared, it wasn't there at 4o pm when she went to town, when she got back at 8:00 there were 4 spots growing. What is it and how can we kill it short of pulling out all the mulch?