Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-13-2014, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom patios View Post
he meant bonding. well sort of the same thing. The equipotential bonding grid I believe hes referring to. Which normally would already be done during pool construction but some of us who have done this extensively would understand what the D man was saying in this case. Oh my goodness why am I doing this. Heres a couple links that should help explain things to you.
http://www.hopewelltwp.org/dca%20equ...ing%20grid.pdf
http://ecmweb.com/bonding-amp-ground...ing-part-11-12

this is a link to a great forum. do an archive search on equipotential bonding.
http://forums.mikeholt.com/index.php

enjoy
I didn't know that DVS had to have an interpreter to explain what he means when he does or doesn't know what he's saying or not. It's good to know you have his back but you should have read all of my posts, I had posted those links in my posts that are here or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

Btw you might want to read my posts, I think that I qualify for the term extensively after 40 plus years.

Last edited by 1idejim; 06-13-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

What's the matter their jimmers you need back up hear
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-13-2014, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
What's the matter their jimmers you need back up hear
Posted via Mobile Device
Nope.
How have you been doing? Long time no see on forum.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-13-2014, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
I didn't know that DVS had to have an interpreter to explain what he means when he does or doesn't know what he's saying or not. It's good to know you have his back but you should have read all of my posts, I had posted those links in my posts that are here or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

Btw you might want to read my posts, I think that I qualify for the term extensively after 40 plus years.
Yeah you must have misinterpreted me. Im definitely not here to stick up for the holy one. This is why I dont like posting. I thought this was interesting and understand the majority of installers arent aware of this. I have some old bookmarks I keep with information I feel is important. Just thought I would share some of it. Thought you might find it interesting too. No I did not read all your posts nor do I care to, I just hop on here now and again for the entertainment more than anything else.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Nope.
How have you been doing? Long time no see on forum.
Posted via Mobile Device
You watch that video I made and sent you this am funny stuff
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-13-2014, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom patios View Post
Yeah you must have misinterpreted me. Im definitely not here to stick up for the holy one. This is why I dont like posting. I thought this was interesting and understand the majority of installers arent aware of this. I have some old bookmarks I keep with information I feel is important. Just thought I would share some of it. Thought you might find it interesting too. No I did not read all your posts nor do I care to, I just hop on here now and again for the entertainment more than anything else.
There seems to be too much disinformation in the trades, most of it the result of internet know it alls or those that have many many years of experience doing things incorrectly. Nobody is born with the knowledge to build a house, they learn as they grow. That's why I stress keeping good company because you're only as good as they are.

I've learned from my mistakes as well as those of others and am concerned only with quality and safety. One should take ownership for what one puts in print. I do the best I can and expect any professional posting in professional forums to do likewise.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-13-2014, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
There seems to be too much disinformation in the trades, most of it the result of internet know it alls or those that have many many years of experience doing things incorrectly. Nobody is born with the knowledge to build a house, they learn as they grow. That's why I stress keeping good company because you're only as good as they are.

I've learned from my mistakes as well as those of others and am concerned only with quality and safety. One should take ownership for what one puts in print. I do the best I can and expect any professional posting in professional forums to do likewise.
Posted via Mobile Device
You're a good guy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-13-2014, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device
I wish there was a like button. Words of true wisdom. I couldnt agree more with what you just stated. I am big on book knowledge, but even bigger on the knowledge Ive gained from my mistakes and experiences. This forum is loaded with nonprofessionals, but you one eye jim are true professional. Ill have a beer to that!
Old 06-13-2014, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the kind words but I'm just a hack, plain and simple. I'm never happy with the work I do so I try harder on the next one.

A builder (long since dead) years ago in my youth told me a few things that I carry with me.
1) today I may be 100% of what I was yesterday yet only 80% of what I will be tomorrow.
2) a man needs stroked everyday, if you can't find one thing good to say about him, cut your loses now.
3) be proud of what you do but be humble, if your ego needs stroked, someone will stroke it for you.

Jack was a builder of buildings and men, he took lemons and made lemon aid.
Posted via Mobile Device