Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-27-2015, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody82986 View Post
I'm so incredibly behind on mowing. Every time it even begins to dry up some, another storm drops and inch or two. I have lawns that have had standing water in places for 2 weeks now. Frustrated clients and a frustrated LCO!!! On the bright side, I have managed to only get my Z stuck twice so far this year...
I got my zturn stuck once. Luckily it was close to a road so I pulled it out with my truck. I'm behind on projects..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-28-2015, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
I'm lucky to have a local guy who does my repairs so I don't have to go to a shop and pay twice as much for labor. I have had him repower three mowers in the last two years. I was able to be my engines for about $300 less then a shop would charge once you factor in the lack of sales tax. I purchased several engines through Tulsa Engine Warehouse online. I think he charged me $150 to swap the engines over.
So my shop calls me today and says Kohler no longer sells the engine for my zturn... I'm thinking this may be some bs to sell me on new.. I'll have to contact Kohler myself I guess.. Frustrating!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-28-2015, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope Landscaping View Post
So my shop calls me today and says Kohler no longer sells the engine for my zturn... I'm thinking this may be some bs to sell me on new.. I'll have to contact Kohler myself I guess.. Frustrating!
Posted via Mobile Device
If you check with places like http://www.tulsaenginewarehouse.com/ they can tell you what will fit. Due to emissions you will not find the same engine available that your mower came with. I like Kawi better myself.
Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 05-28-2015, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The engines direct ship from a Kawi plant in TN I think. You must have a commercial address or have one you can ship to. I have had three engines shipped to a feed store that was close by. I just gave the guy $20 for helping me out. Sometimes you need to get creative.
Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
The engines direct ship from a Kawi plant in TN I think. You must have a commercial address or have one you can ship to. I have had three engines shipped to a feed store that was close by. I just gave the guy $20 for helping me out. Sometimes you need to get creative.
Thanks for the info. I called them and there is a new model replacement. I'm bringing it to another shop that is familiar with this process. The last was a complete waist of time.. Two weeks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope Landscaping View Post
Thanks for the info. I called them and there is a new model replacement. I'm bringing it to another shop that is familiar with this process. The last was a complete waist of time.. Two weeks!
Posted via Mobile Device
It's often very difficult to find a great mechanic like I have for repairs. If you were able to find anyone competent you could probably save at least $300 on the engine by not getting it from a dealer.

Once you get the model number Google it and see what others are charging. Usually the engines have MAP pricing so there is a limit to how low anybody will go.
Owner- David