Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-05-2006, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hmm proven equipment....

wasn't jcb one of the first to design a modern style backhoe back in the late 60's early 70's we see today with the 3C? which i still see working today.

jcb is quite popular here not so much the excavators yet but the backhoes and skid steers are i had no problem with them what so ever over the years i've gotten seat time with them.

btw our 1400 blew by a 430 cat awhile ago so its not a brand issue
Old 06-05-2006, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Member

The 4x4x4 machine was slow my right foot never left the floor running that machine down the road. Then I had a few scary moments when the thing started bouncing around and had a heck of a time of getting it under control.

Case and Deere backhoes the the most common with the odd Cat backhoe but Case is the most previalant there is some old 70s 580s kicking around.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat
The 4x4x4 machine was slow my right foot never left the floor running that machine down the road. Then I had a few scary moments when the thing started bouncing around and had a heck of a time of getting it under control.
all backhoes can get a little bouncy. stating that jcb only does it, is ignorance on your part.
jcb is a good company and make good products. their latest backhoe is very nice. hell, the interior is nicer than my truck's.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

A good friend of ours has a JCB. He is a Scotsman that retains his Scottish accent but has a very broad grasp on the Australian vernacular. So I can't actually transcribe his opinion of JCB onto this forum but suffient to say its a colourful description. It very loosley translates to biggest POS he has ever owned in his life: The funny thing is his name is David Brown.

Here is some pics. He said he didn't want to be seen in them cause JCB is an embarrassment to his beautiful Ford Truck: BTW, one of his biggest problems, apart from the oil leaks, is the cab, breaks windows without provocation, cab mountings fail, seat collapses etc. It all looks good but it aint good.
Attached Images

Lady: You Sir are Drunk!
Winston Churchill: Yes Ma'am but you are ugly, and tomorrow I will be Sober.

Sarcasm may be the lowest form of humour....but it sure is fun!
Old 06-11-2006, 04:14 PM
LawnSite Member

If I was going to buy a brandnew rubber tired hoe it would be a Case 580 Super M 4x4 + or a 590 Super M 4x4 or a Deere 410G both proven machines.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

JCB has never had much success in this area. Arnold Machinery which is big in the NW used to carry JCB so there was some support. Now that Arnolds is Volvo strictly they no longer carry JCB. What really sucks is JCB has bought VIbromax I really like their compaction equipment but now CASE can't carry Vibromax equipment, so service sucks. I have never really hear anything positive about JCB backhoes which is the only piece of JCB equipment that you see around here. I don't know of anyone that has bought two backhoes back to back from JCB. The parts costs are a major complaint and poor resale is another.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Getting parts for JCB stuff has been my biggest problem. Everytime I turn around they have to order something from overseas and it takes weeks IF it even comes. At work, we've got 2 JCB Teletruk's, 1 JCB Robot 190, and 1 JCB 28' Offroad Forklift. The Robot blew out a bearing and they had to order parts from overseas. Seems like they'd keep enough parts in the US to rebuild a track assembly, dontcha think? Both Teletruk's needed misc. hydraulic o-rings and such, and even they had to come from overseas.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

JCB, my brother just sold one of his and said it's like buying a boat, the two happiest day's are the day you purchased it and the day you sold it! And he serviced these machines for years and said that JCB stands for-------------- J- junk
C- comming from
B- Britain
Old 06-15-2006, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget
JCB, my brother just sold one of his and said it's like buying a boat, the two happiest day's are the day you purchased it and the day you sold it! And he serviced these machines for years and said that JCB stands for-------------- J- junk
C- comming from
B- Britain
thats a good one.
what machine did he have?

J-just
C-cause it's
B-better