Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-15-2013, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGuysLC View Post
Tony. My apologies if you are an SEO expert. I wasnt feeling it. But.....i dont know your capabilities. I can say without a doubt the year i started advwrvising witb yp mycommercial accounts tripled and my toyal business has doubled each yearsinca as well. Yellow book...not as lucky. Billboards were a waste. Radio is helped alot....but the best part is i get about 10 runs a day on multiple stations in return for maintaining a 5000 sq ft property. Hell of a deal. You are correct on the yp site. My big grip is the lack of updating and proofing on that....but it hasnt stopped the calls from coming. I have already been lookjng into a local Seo marketing person to step in and help me push my online presence. I have done the getlisted and all as well. Online is where everyone needs to be....in as many places as you can be too.
Posted via Mobile Device
So are you tracking all new leads as to how they found you?
Old 12-19-2013, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes. I do ask any lead how they found us. I ran billboards for 8 months and had 6 leads. . . Pitiful ROI. Local classified paper....got several calls but all from low paying customers looking for the 25$ Cuts. Phone ties with internet has been my most prominent. I have had lots also from our vehicle lettering and numbers on our uniforms. Word of mouth. And as I mentioned....best ROI for me ia a deal i workes up with the local radio network. They have 5 stations and they run me on each of them about 8 - 10 times a day...and all we do is keep their 1/4 acre property up....full service....but that is one hell of a Deal. I would encourage you to try to tap into that if you hav the ability..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-20-2013, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going through hell canceling with YP.

After talking with 2 representatives, 1 of which was the guy I signed up with. He gave me a hard time about canceling, said I made a commitment and should stick with it. Both claimed there was nothing they could do to cancel me even though it was only 3 days after I started the contract.

So finally to a supervisor who says that she has to conduct an investigation to get both sides of the story. Whatever that means.

They wound up taking the first two months out of my account even I after I spoke with the 2 representatives and clearly told them I was canceling and didn't want funds taken from my account and also sent a certified cancelation letter to their corporate head quarters. I'll be disputing the charges with my bank today.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-20-2013, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

sorry to hear your going through troubles with them. I read alot of complaints online about people having the same issue. I hope it works out.

Servicing Dallas, Acworth, Kennesaw, & Woodstock, Ga
Old 12-20-2013, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnsharkMB View Post
I'm going through hell canceling with YP.

After talking with 2 representatives, 1 of which was the guy I signed up with. He gave me a hard time about canceling, said I made a commitment and should stick with it. Both claimed there was nothing they could do to cancel me even though it was only 3 days after I started the contract.

So finally to a supervisor who says that she has to conduct an investigation to get both sides of the story. Whatever that means.

They wound up taking the first two months out of my account even I after I spoke with the 2 representatives and clearly told them I was canceling and didn't want funds taken from my account and also sent a certified cancelation letter to their corporate head quarters. I'll be disputing the charges with my bank today.
Posted via Mobile Device
Get your attorney involved immediately. You informed them of your decision to cancel the agreement within 3 business days and after you informed them of the cancellation they misused confidential information that you provided as part of the agreement. Once you informed them that you terminated your agreement, they were no longer authorized to access your money. They have, at the very least committed theft. That is a crime. Get your attorney involved.
www.awlandscapers.com

Hustler X-One 60"
Wright Stander RH 36"
eXmark 21" ECXKA21 Mower
Stihl FC110 Edger
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl FS55R Trimmer
Stihl HS56C Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS391 25" Bar Chainsaw
RedMax EBZ7100 Blower
Earthquake 16" Rear Tine Tiller
Honda 9" Mini Tiller FG110
2014 GMC Sierra Denali HD
7' x 16' Enclosed V-Nose Trailer
6' x 12' Dump Trailer
Equipment & Work thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=415830
Old 12-20-2013, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. W. Landscapers, Inc. View Post
Get your attorney involved immediately. You informed them of your decision to cancel the agreement within 3 business days and after you informed them of the cancellation they misused confidential information that you provided as part of the agreement. Once you informed them that you terminated your agreement, they were no longer authorized to access your money. They have, at the very least committed theft. That is a crime. Get your attorney involved.
I tried to cancel the lawn letter thing after I realized how useless it was to me. He told me I can't cancel it because of his contract. He still won't cancel. I've had it for months now he's updated it with a couple little word documents and that's it.

Its really a joke how people try to use contracts to lock you into something.
Posted via Mobile Device