Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-26-2013, 11:19 AM
Sponsor

Cut It Close,

Now that the baffle is in the deck which blades are you running in the deck? The older decks with the baffle would usually perfrom the best when the blade height is half above the baffle and half below which should be the set with the two spacers. Removing one spacer is okay you just don't want the whole blade up in the baffle, remember that the cut height will be 1/4" higher then the system indicator.

Best Regards
Wrigth Mfg.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

I was running stock blades with 2 spacers above blade. i was still getting a little blowout. I just took it off because of all the rain. There was too much clumping and the underneath of deck was clogging badly. Wet, lush and tall grass with weeds is what I'm cutting these days in NJ.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Do the older 48" decks suffer from blow out or cut quality issues? There's a 48" Sentar for sale locally. Thinking about buying if its nice.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

now i get blowout with g5 blades and all of baffle in place
Old 08-10-2013, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah, I don't get why i still have blowout when baffle is on. It's crazy. The mower is in the shop for the 2nd time in a month. I think the hydro belt went since something popped and no movement at all. Luckily another LCO was across the street and helped me get it on to my trailer from the backyard of the property I was at. I told the shop to fix, tune up engine, change fluids and plugs and check engine speed.

As much as I don't want to sell it I'm actively searching for a replacement mower. Going back to a 48". It will fit thru more gates. I'm using my 36" stander way too much. I'm selling that as well. Looking at Toro, Exmark and Scag stand ons. I may go back to a ZTR. I'll look at Bobcat again as well. I may go new. I'm leaning toward Toro and Exmark only cause the dealer is 5 minutes away from home and I have a good relationship with them. But I really want a Scag velocity plus deck mower. But the dealer is 25 minutes away and I have no relationship there so we'll see. That dealer also sells Bobcats too.

I may flip the 36" and get a rapid height 36" since they seem to pop up alot on CL. That may be a bad thing though. Maybe a 36" WB with a X2 Velke again. My previous setup was Bobcat 48 ZTR and 36" Toro WB with X2 Velke. I thought my mower setup was going to be good for a few seasons after buying these standers this year but back to the drawing board.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

aside from the deck i'm really happy with my wright's. my 36'' RH cuts pretty good with g5 blades on it, but at the end of the day it's still a 36'' stander and therefore isn't great on hills, prone to rutting. those are issues with any 36'' standers. it's still a time saver over walk behinds, but not a perfect replacement for.