Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 01-09-2008, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmower View Post
I was wondering how good do they mulch? I'm going to look at one tomorrow.
As long as your taking the right amount of grass off for the conditions and driving the right speed to the conditions it will work excellent, as with any mulching mower, speed and conditions play a big part in cut quality.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Member

I looked at it, drove it, loved it, brought it home. Bring on spring.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmower View Post
I looked at it, drove it, loved it, brought it home. Bring on spring.
Thats great!!
Welcome to the Hustler family!!
Old 09-10-2008, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Regarding pulleys and bearings

Count your blessing if you get more than 200-250 hours out of your carbon fiber belt pulleys. My neighbor and I have identical fastraks 44 16hp hondas. We had to replace our pulleys about the same time. Not sure about the grade of bearings used that used. But over about the above mention amount of time fiction and heat builds up in the bearings and heat causes them to seperate from the carbon fiber housings. Im my opinion these are one of weak points in the unit which is common to most models they sell. Could easily be re-engineered.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Pump/Motor Transmission

I have loved my 2005 18hp Honda 52 Inch cut Fastrac. Now, with 255 hours on it, I find out the Hydro-Gear Transmissions are obsolete and nobody is rebuilding them.......but parts are available. Only folks that have new units are Hustler Distributaors...........at $1088 plus freight. I am so glad I only need a left one.
hugs, Brandi
Old 06-14-2013, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

With only 255 hours on it, I would be concerned the failure was due to an overspeed problem. Make sure this unit only turns 3400, engine is capable of higher RPM's but trans won't hold up, so you will end up having the same failure or the other side failing. Have you pulled the screen in the bottom of the trans to see if you have shavings??