Register free!

Old 08-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Sponsor

New Chemical Tracking Form

Good Afternoon Everyone. Here is the Chemical Tracking Form that is now available on TurfWizard! There has been a lot of buzz about a good form for you guys in the field to use. Take a look and let me know if there is something missing that would be beneficial. We will take all suggestions into consideration. Thanks for your patience!
Attached Images

TurfWizard
Tyler Walls
Sales & Marketing Executive
(203) 888-1903 Ext. 104
http://www.turfwizardllc.com
Old 08-13-2014, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My state requires the chemical generic name(glyphosate) in addition to the Roundup brand name, and the state also requires the EPA registration number. The amount needs units--is it pounds? Gallons? kilograms per acre?
To avoid spelling errors, this needs to be selected from a "dropdown list" (of the chemicals the firm normally uses).
I am retired now. Personally my form also showed the time of day when the treatment started.
The temperature, direction and wind speed is also needed in some states.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:43 PM
Sponsor

Hi thanks for the reply. We are currently updating the form with some of the suggestions you have made. The release will be in a few days. Thanks for your suggestions as it's the actual landscapers who know best when it comes to this info.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-21-2014, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Like Riggle Said, I believe our state requires chemical name/EPA #, rate, Windspeed/direction, temp and date along with technician ID #. We also put time started and ended.

This should definately be in a drop down menu
Old 08-21-2014, 11:18 AM
Sponsor

Screenshot

Hey guys. We have added those fields needed. The drop down menu on this is labeled LAWN, but that is just a generic field. It can be changed it the drop down menu for whatever you like. The EPA # is not shown here, but it is there when you first add the chemical. This is the editing portion after the job is completed and all of the info including the EPA # is available on the printout and review forms. Thanks
Attached Images

TurfWizard
Tyler Walls
Sales & Marketing Executive
(203) 888-1903 Ext. 104
http://www.turfwizardllc.com
Old 08-26-2014, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think my state now wants "precautions" for the customer from the label--such as--"Keep off the lawn until dry or the dust has settled."

"Water it in--then keep off till dry."

I think you need a pulldown list to choose a unit of measure (UOM) for numerical fields.
For instance "Rate applied" 1.5, is that pints per hundred gallons? Pounds per acre? Dilute gallons per thousand?

"Amount applied 3000" --is that gallons? Pounds? Liters?
Old 08-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Sponsor

Hi. Thanks for the reply. The chemical form does give you a drop down list as well as a place to add, delete or change any unit of measure you desire. As for the precautions, we offer a field that you can describe or notate that in as well before handing the form to the customer. If you have any other questions or comments id be more than happy to take them. Thank you.
Posted via Mobile Device