Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-25-2013, 06:56 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I really like the Curb stop with the relief on it installed deep prior the the DC. Apparently that's an illegal potential cross connection though and technically not an approved installation method
Old 06-25-2013, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by irritation View Post
I have many still in service and they get tested yearly but parts are NLA and must be replaced if they fail.
I just did a TORO PVB search and got a lot of retailer hits, including Home Depot.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchgo View Post
I really like the Curb stop with the relief on it installed deep prior the the DC. Apparently that's an illegal potential cross connection though and technically not an approved installation method
Yeah, I prefer curbstops I hate gate, globes or ball valves below18". This will make some people groan but when it came time to winterizing we always "puff" the doublechks and what I did was open #1 testcock and then puff air through #2. What I don't understand is a shut off valve right before the dblchk?
Old 06-26-2013, 07:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohn2000 View Post
What I don't understand is a shut off valve right before the dblchk?
We have to put a valve and wye strainer in front of all double checks down here. I guess the thinking is you can cut the valve and clean the wye strainer without turning all the water off.
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegyver View Post
We have to put a valve and wye strainer in front of all double checks down here. I guess the thinking is you can cut the valve and clean the wye strainer without turning all the water off.
I could see that for ease of serviceability. Around here our area requires brass POC and brass to the main shutoff. When I do installs my curbstops are coming off of the POC, 2' down whatever the line depth is. I was saying what is the point of the shutoff right before the backflow? In one case I saw a gate valve before and after a dblchk
Old 06-27-2013, 02:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohn2000 View Post
I could see that for ease of serviceability. Around here our area requires brass POC and brass to the main shutoff. When I do installs my curbstops are coming off of the POC, 2' down whatever the line depth is. I was saying what is the point of the shutoff right before the backflow? In one case I saw a gate valve before and after a dblchk
See that here often.
Posted via Mobile Device