Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-21-2014, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
I feel the same way. We've been hustling like crazy this season so far yet cash flow is still real tight!
Posted via Mobile Device
and yet these people constantly call me looking for me to do more work, i don't want to say no because i need to keep working with them, but damn i don't want to have the guys push the truck and trailer to the next job site lol
Old 05-21-2014, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
and yet these people constantly call me looking for me to do more work, i don't want to say no because i need to keep working with them, but damn i don't want to have the guys push the truck and trailer to the next job site lol

Exactly! Plus I just reinvested a good chunk of money back into the business with graphics on my enclosed trailer, trademark search & application, buying fertilizer, the list goes on. People need to start paying up!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-21-2014, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hahahaha!!!

This is crazy! Almost every owner I have spoken with this spring is saying the same thing....

Where is my Fu$%ing money?!?!!!!!!

I have gotten lucky so far but I have also been dipping hard into the expense account for materials...

Bob Rock is the owner of "Remember Lawncare." He is out of Morrisonville and he is a super nice guy. He has been in business since the early 80's...

We had a couple meetings over the winter because he is looking to sell in the future. Ended up coming to an agreement for me to do some subcontracting and work for him. It's great because as long as I have been doing this, there is still so much to learn and he has taught me some great stuff already... He is just an awesome guy to begin with anyway...

He has some insane accounts.... You know that complex on Rt. 9 next to the Bluff Point driving range? The one with the statues of the horse and the bear? Yup, he's got that.... And some other really nice accounts... It has been a great experience working with him....

I have been doing a ton of work for a client on Cumberland Head... Putting in Stone for water issues, mulch, building compost bins, shrubs.... It's nice when somebody throws you a couple G's worth of work and you can just chill at the house for a couple days.... I love that...

Did a clean up out towards you on the Ron Cathy road and the folks there want some more work....

I have to get out and mow hard as soon as the rain stops because I am almost..... almost behind on my mowing route!

Did you bid Dannemora Credit Union this season?
Old 05-21-2014, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey J......

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could send Paul Wall out to collect money for you?

"Ding Dong."

"Why, hello, you are you?"

"I'm Paul Wall Bit$%, where's my man J's money fool!!!!!?????"
Old 05-21-2014, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Hey J......

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could send Paul Wall out to collect money for you?

"Ding Dong."

"Why, hello, you are you?"

"I'm Paul Wall Bit$%, where's my man J's money fool!!!!!?????"
Hahahaha. Actually I think my man Young Jeezy may be a bit better than Paul Wall would be!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-21-2014, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Hahahaha!!!

This is crazy! Almost every owner I have spoken with this spring is saying the same thing....

Where is my Fu$%ing money?!?!!!!!!

I have gotten lucky so far but I have also been dipping hard into the expense account for materials...

Bob Rock is the owner of "Remember Lawncare." He is out of Morrisonville and he is a super nice guy. He has been in business since the early 80's...

We had a couple meetings over the winter because he is looking to sell in the future. Ended up coming to an agreement for me to do some subcontracting and work for him. It's great because as long as I have been doing this, there is still so much to learn and he has taught me some great stuff already... He is just an awesome guy to begin with anyway...

He has some insane accounts.... You know that complex on Rt. 9 next to the Bluff Point driving range? The one with the statues of the horse and the bear? Yup, he's got that.... And some other really nice accounts... It has been a great experience working with him....

I have been doing a ton of work for a client on Cumberland Head... Putting in Stone for water issues, mulch, building compost bins, shrubs.... It's nice when somebody throws you a couple G's worth of work and you can just chill at the house for a couple days.... I love that...

Did a clean up out towards you on the Ron Cathy road and the folks there want some more work....

I have to get out and mow hard as soon as the rain stops because I am almost..... almost behind on my mowing route!

Did you bid Dannemora Credit Union this season?
I didn't bid them, but I know who has them. I have an opportunity for some more commercial places so im seeing what the future looks like there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-21-2014, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am friends with one of the clerks at the Skyway location and she said that they are unhappy and she asked for my card(she is far from a decision making position, she just knows my work...)

I figured that they have somebody in contract for the season.... I have heard that they are notoriously low paying....

Do you know they dude that bought Nicky Avery's company? I forget his name but I have met him and he is a really nice guy....

There is really a TON of commercial work in our market and I think the trend is starting to swing towards these places hiring legit companies rather than guys with lawn tractors. (I have actually heard this from some of the bigger guys in our area) Apparently there were some issues with lawsuits and liabilities etc.....

I think it's great, because it's just more work for hard working, respectable companies and guys like you and I that are trying to make a living at this rather than just working for beer money....
Old 05-21-2014, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

2 Chainz collection service LLC
Old 05-21-2014, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
2 Chainz collection service LLC

Correction: 2 Chainz Collection Service, Inc.
Better for taxes
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-22-2014, 05:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I am friends with one of the clerks at the Skyway location and she said that they are unhappy and she asked for my card(she is far from a decision making position, she just knows my work...)

I figured that they have somebody in contract for the season.... I have heard that they are notoriously low paying....

Do you know they dude that bought Nicky Avery's company? I forget his name but I have met him and he is a really nice guy....

There is really a TON of commercial work in our market and I think the trend is starting to swing towards these places hiring legit companies rather than guys with lawn tractors. (I have actually heard this from some of the bigger guys in our area) Apparently there were some issues with lawsuits and liabilities etc.....

I think it's great, because it's just more work for hard working, respectable companies and guys like you and I that are trying to make a living at this rather than just working for beer money....
Mmmm beer lol
Posted via Mobile Device