Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-13-2014, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I can sure relate to that friend....

I feel blessed every single day to be able to get up, work outside, work for myself, and make a good living...

And like I said, I am honestly glad it worked out!

Cheers to a good upcoming season!
Old 04-13-2014, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
"Zack will tell you one price and then hike it up?"

3 years later?

So, you don't take rising fossil fuel prices or rising equipment prices into account?

It's not like you gave her this price last week.... twas 3 years ago!

Hey man, don't get me wrong, good for you. I am happy for you if you are happy about it...

Just trying to come at it from a different perspective. Remember, when you went the first time to give her an estimate, it was a free estimate.

She obviously didn't go with you because of price because you said that she "balked."

So, she was price shopping and she went with somebody who was less than your estimate... which was 35 dollars.

So why is she calling you now? What happened to the company that was taking care of her?

Like I said bro, all power to you. If you are happy, then I am happy... honestly.

I am just giving my honest opinion here and that is that if it were me, the price would be raised for shizzle...

It's his business not yours. He made a point about business cards. He didn't ask if he should increase his quote due to time. The vibe I get from your post is defensive and trying to talk him out of the client.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
also who's to say she hasnt added flower beds, a fence and a full blown obstacle course?
might not even BE the same lawn anymore.

you totally need to re-estimate it.

All my prices are good for 30 days…says so on the estimate… after that it's a dead thing.
totally agree. a lot can change in three years. I wouldn't even consider agreeing to a 3 year old quote without at the very least looking at the lawn again.
(2) 2012 bobcat 48'' classic pro wb's
stihl br 600 backpacks
husky saws, trimmers, etc...
18' Doolittle enclosed trailer
monster 18hp truck loader
yanmar vio40 excavator
Old 04-26-2014, 04:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I love the way Zach thinks (working so cheap, not raising prices, etc.). Because I know that's how a lot of my competitors think too. They're so worried about landing the job that they're willing to sacrifice profit. Meanwhile, at our company we could care less about landing any specific job. Why? Because we make enough profit that we can afford to market effectively and there's always another customer calling us for a bid if we don't land that one. The phone rings all day with people wanting bids from us. We're not desperate. We take accounts only if they're profitable for us. If our price is too high and we scare you away, go ahead and tell the whole world! If that scares off a few cheapskates, then we'll send you a thank you letter. You just saved us a lot of wasted time!

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon