Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-15-2014, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyK View Post
Great for sod work. Replace string line trimmer not so much, it is hard to trim right up next to hard vertical surfaces. Touch up edging works ok. If you have three foot tall grass it works awesome or areas you don't want to throw everything everywhere. Works good cutting perennials back at end of season. Specialized tool, if you do a lot of different things it is worth it.
I think the main thing I would use it for would be edging around beds, tall grass, overgrown edges, places I don't won't grass everywhere and any places where there's rock or pea gravel. I just got tired the other day getting hit in the face with a bunch if tiny pebbles and any amount of money would be worth not having that happen again. Plus getting grass shot up my nose doesn't feel good either.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-16-2014, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrant711 View Post
Ya, they look fairly slow, but I have a property were I'm weedeating hold pavement with pebbles everywhere and anytime I weedeat overgrowth areas my allergies get bad from all the stuff getting stirred up in the air. I also have some houses that get mulch thrown everywhere when I weedeat causing me extra time trying to blow it back into the beds after I already have gone over it with the lawn mower. Since it can edge beds and sidewalks, plus not throw stuff everywhere, I'll probably get it if I can find one. I still will favor the weedeater but it looks like it could easily pay for itself in a month.
Posted via Mobile Device
You should be able to order one from any Redmax dealer. Not sure how many actually stock them. If you get one let us know how it works out. I think I'm going to have to replace mine in the future.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowandblow1980 View Post
You should be able to order one from any Redmax dealer. Not sure how many actually stock them. If you get one let us know how it works out. I think I'm going to have to replace mine in the future.
Ok I'll check them out, probably won't get one till later this year though because the price. I'm going to get it when I need to do a bunch of bed redefining, so it may not be till spring next year.

I have another question and it's about a classen aerator. I was up at my local Home Depot last night grabbing some siding for my shed and I noticed they were selling one of the rentals. It was $900 with 80 hours, times looked sharp and looked like a great deal. Looks like that thing would last forever but they are selling it. I asked the guy and nothing's wrong they just sell them after a certain amount of time. How fast can I make my money back on that thing. I don't know much about them but it seems like a bargain.
Posted via Mobile Device