Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-01-2014, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
This is exactly right, and no amount of debating about it will change that fact. EFI should be on every mower made by now. No conceivable reason not to be at this point in time.
I guess it's kind of like the President telling the large truck industry their fuel economy will improve, and setting a deadline for it to take place...maybe the mower industry is waiting to hear from the President; telling them their fuel economy and emissions will improve by a specific year.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...cy-for-trucks/
Old 03-01-2014, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I guess it's kind of like the President telling the large truck industry their fuel economy will improve, and setting a deadline for it to take place...maybe the mower industry is waiting to hear from the President; telling them their fuel economy and emissions will improve by a specific year.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...cy-for-trucks/

Sounds just about right unfortunately.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Member

It seems to me that EFI would be more idiot proof than carb. No choke to leave closed, etc. I run Grasshoppers and am going to roll the dice on a 727k efi. If it works like the research shows I plan to sell off my diesels and go all efi gas.
Like someone said earlier, EFI has been in our vehicles for years. How has that worked out?
Old 03-02-2014, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken74701 View Post
It seems to me that EFI would be more idiot proof than carb. No choke to leave closed, etc. I run Grasshoppers and am going to roll the dice on a 727k efi. If it works like the research shows I plan to sell off my diesels and go all efi gas.
Like someone said earlier, EFI has been in our vehicles for years. How has that worked out?
EFI is definitely more idiot proof...I've never had either of the two efi's I've owned not crank perfectly with no more than two revolutions of the engine; whether it is 20° or 100°, never had them not run perfectly smooth and respond instantly at any time in roughly 1400 hrs. of operation.

I would not own any mower engine without a closed loop fuel injection system if I had the choice, unfortunately with the last 72" Super Z I purchased, there was no choice.

I have been doing a great deal of research on Kawasaki's 37 dfi, and from what I've found so far I cannot see spending a thousand dollars more for an engine no more powerful than the one I own, and the fuel usage being the same from what I've heard of those being checked.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I think you can diagnose most of the engine problems with a code reader. They have the same parts as many cars. I'm really leaning toward EFI or a diesel. But I'm thinking gas EFI may be the way to go.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-03-2014, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnut101 View Post
I think you can diagnose most of the engine problems with a code reader. They have the same parts as many cars. I'm really leaning toward EFI or a diesel. But I'm thinking gas EFI may be the way to go.
Posted via Mobile Device
I was actually given written information on how to check the codes, but have never had a use for this info due to never having a problem. I honestly can't say I remember ever having a fuel injection problem on any vehicle I've owned.
I certainly can't say that about the carburetor type engines I've owned over the years.