Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #111  
Old 04-07-2015, 02:58 PM
Armsden&Son Armsden&Son is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: adirondacks, NY
Posts: 2,286
South Coast...

Are the green barrels available in Australia?

http://www.chemtainer.com/home/carrybarrel.aspx

I also run the GHS and for the last 15 years I have been using this method to empty the Walker hopper...

A jam-packed full hopper will empty into 2 green barrels...

Once you get the method down, you can have your hopper empty and your grass into your truck/trailer/etc. in under a minute..
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-08-2015, 06:40 AM
gulfjoe's Avatar
gulfjoe gulfjoe is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus GA
Posts: 1,254
Here is my new MT23 GHS
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-08-2015, 06:43 AM
gulfjoe's Avatar
gulfjoe gulfjoe is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus GA
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
South Coast...

Are the green barrels available in Australia?

http://www.chemtainer.com/home/carrybarrel.aspx

I also run the GHS and for the last 15 years I have been using this method to empty the Walker hopper...

A jam-packed full hopper will empty into 2 green barrels...

Once you get the method down, you can have your hopper empty and your grass into your truck/trailer/etc. in under a minute..
Will the handles hold up with a full container of wet grass?
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 04-08-2015, 07:28 AM
SouthCoast Walker SouthCoast Walker is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 29
They may well be if I look into it. I am thinking of knocking up some of the grass boxes out of e-lite ply and see how they work me. If I like them, then I can purchase the proper ones.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
South Coast...

Are the green barrels available in Australia?

http://www.chemtainer.com/home/carrybarrel.aspx

I also run the GHS and for the last 15 years I have been using this method to empty the Walker hopper...

A jam-packed full hopper will empty into 2 green barrels...

Once you get the method down, you can have your hopper empty and your grass into your truck/trailer/etc. in under a minute..
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 04-08-2015, 10:52 AM
kawasaki guy's Avatar
kawasaki guy kawasaki guy is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 6,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfjoe View Post
Will the handles hold up with a full container of wet grass?
they have metal handles. Well, if you do not loose them. If you do, just use rope.
__________________
Charlie
Snapper, Scag, Shindaiwa, Kawasaki, Corona, True Temper/Jackson, and Lesco tools. Pimped out Quality Steel and Alum. brand trailer.
Lets max out the hits explains my post count….

WORK PAGES:
LAWNSITE PAGE!

PLOWSITE PAGE!

Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 04-08-2015, 08:27 PM
gulfjoe's Avatar
gulfjoe gulfjoe is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus GA
Posts: 1,254
Those handles look Rudy Poo
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 04-09-2015, 09:58 AM
Armsden&Son Armsden&Son is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: adirondacks, NY
Posts: 2,286
Yeah, the handles don't last long, but wet grass has nothing to do with it because they are indeed metal.

They get beat up from the barrels getting thrown in the truck...

Head to the the New England area and you will see these green barrels EVERYWHERE.

Other than the high dump option, it's honestly the only way to quickly and efficiently dump a Walker hopper into a truck.

Of course, if your taking your time and put-putting around doing 3 lawns a day I guess other methods could work OK...
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 04-09-2015, 11:10 AM
kawasaki guy's Avatar
kawasaki guy kawasaki guy is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 6,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Yeah, the handles don't last long, but wet grass has nothing to do with it because they are indeed metal.

They get beat up from the barrels getting thrown in the truck...

Head to the the New England area and you will see these green barrels EVERYWHERE.

Other than the high dump option, it's honestly the only way to quickly and efficiently dump a Walker hopper into a truck.

Of course, if your taking your time and put-putting around doing 3 lawns a day I guess other methods could work OK...
green barrels rule!

and there is also this: http://www.lawnsite.com/vbtube_show....beid=179#watch
__________________
Charlie
Snapper, Scag, Shindaiwa, Kawasaki, Corona, True Temper/Jackson, and Lesco tools. Pimped out Quality Steel and Alum. brand trailer.
Lets max out the hits explains my post count….

WORK PAGES:
LAWNSITE PAGE!

PLOWSITE PAGE!


Last edited by kawasaki guy; 04-09-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 AM.

Page generated in 0.06584 seconds with 10 queries