Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-11-2013, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My local guys here in NE Wisconsin have always been great. But many times their hands were tied by Lesco. And now even more by JDL. Some things the company does just does not make good sense. Allot of times it seems the corporate guys are out of touch with what really goes on in the field.

http://www.pr-fectlawn.com
Old 09-12-2013, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLandscaping13 View Post
I agree that after JDLS took over for Lesco some things started to go down hill. I have since moved my business here in NC to a company called Green Resource. They have offered me very competitive pricing, actually coming out cheaper most of the time. I deal with the location in Winston-Salem mostly, but I know they have locations in Colfax and Raleigh as well. I would suggest looking into them as they have a knowledgeable staff that is always eager to help.
I have been dealing with Green Resource here in the Raleigh/Garner area. I can agree they are great.... I also have the luxury of having Agri Supply directly across the street from Green Resource so I can price match and compare fairly easily.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Fect View Post
My local guys here in NE Wisconsin have always been great. But many times their hands were tied by Lesco. And now even more by JDL. Some things the company does just does not make good sense. Allot of times it seems the corporate guys are out of touch with what really goes on in the field.
I forget the guys names but the older guy that's there is awesome. That younger guy really doesn't know much at least when I've dealt with him but at least he admits it and will call the manager for help if he doesn't know.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

All down hill in Austin, they had a nice pull through building with two experts. Now it is in a little building with irritation and no experienced guy. And the computer system is poor. They lost about 75 percent of business to ewing.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver_GA View Post
The two guys at my local JDL are very helpful and knowledgable. Both used to work at golf courses and have been in the green industry for many many years. They both regularly participate in continuing education.
Which store do you go to? The guys in Cumming and Alpharetta are amazing
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-17-2013, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexschultz1 View Post
Which store do you go to? The guys in Cumming and Alpharetta are amazing
Posted via Mobile Device
The one off McFarland on Trotters parkway. Both of the guys there are very knowledgeable and recognize me whenever I come in. I don't have to tell them my account info anymore.

There used to be a store about a mile up the road from my house in Ball Ground. Sucked when they closed it down.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya that one is right down the street from my house. Those guys have always been amazing. They sold me my first mower when I was 16, then after that, they always let me buy whatever I wanted. My senior year in high school I was being harassed by a client who insisted that my mower caused her lawn to have weeds, I told the guys at lesco and they called her for me and pretty much told her to get a life and stop trying to scam a kid. That was 10 years ago so I have no idea if the same guys work there, but the guys match your description. Next time you're in the area go towards highway 9 and stop by BB's bagels and equiptech.

I wish I knew who you were a couple weeks ago, I turned down 3 houses in white columns bc it's about an hour drive round trip for me. It would have been nice to recommend someone

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 09-22-2013, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexschultz1 View Post
Ya that one is right down the street from my house. Those guys have always been amazing. They sold me my first mower when I was 16, then after that, they always let me buy whatever I wanted. My senior year in high school I was being harassed by a client who insisted that my mower caused her lawn to have weeds, I told the guys at lesco and they called her for me and pretty much told her to get a life and stop trying to scam a kid. That was 10 years ago so I have no idea if the same guys work there, but the guys match your description. Next time you're in the area go towards highway 9 and stop by BB's bagels and equiptech.

I wish I knew who you were a couple weeks ago, I turned down 3 houses in white columns bc it's about an hour drive round trip for me. It would have been nice to recommend someone
They're great guys there. I started going there when they closed the Ball Ground location.

I've been by equiptech a few times to buy parts when I'm in the area. Haha I pass by white columns every day on my way to/from the office for my other job. Did you know Cadillac Jack from Kicks 101.5 lives in there? I heard him say that on the radio one time.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't doubt it. Do you do any work in hawks ridge? When I was taking classes at Lanier tech for horticulture we took a tour of John smoltz' s yard. The guy built a multi hole golf course, baseball field with artificial turf, and basketball court in his own back yard. He did all the work himself too.
Posted via Mobile Device