Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-13-2014, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDZ60 View Post
Wow, that would be great to be able to see what all is involved in switching from MOD to the Pro deck. FYI, I've been in touch with my JD salesman regarding my cut issues with the MOD and he said they would do whatever it takes to make me happy so that sounds encouraging. I definitely can't complain about the customer service I'm getting from them so far.
I was way past the trial period when I found out how much I didn't like the MOD since I bought it in early April of 2012 and the grass wasn't doing a whole lot for more than a month, so I was stuck with it. I paid extra for it, now I am paying extra to fix it. Kinda dumb maybe, but it's a lot cheaper than a new mower right now.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrayb39667 View Post
Okay, I have an update. My dealer came through. They replaced the Z930R mowers with 54" MOD decks with two new Z930R's with 60" Pro decks. They brought them in from stores around the area. My salesman even drove 2 hrs one way to go get one of them. I can say I am impressed with how they treated me. I used the mowers today on one of my nicer lawns and a trash lawn. I am very satisfied with the QOC and the mower overall. Here are a couple of pics with the substantial improvement of the QOC of the Pro decks over the MOD decks.

This is cut at 3-1/4" mostly St. Augustine with a mix of Centipede.

This is the lawn that my customer of the nice lawn pays me to cut about once a month. the grass was about 6"-12" in height. We cut it down to 3" we only made one pass. No double cutting.
Good deal man the Pro 7 Irons are amazing decks if not the best hard to pick between Xfactor 2's and 7 Iron's but the 7 Iron barely even clogs up ever been mowing in rain and wet grass last 2 days, I had some build up in last yard I just finished though I mowed through the rain the grass was 12 to 18" high I cut it all 1 pass on 2.5"

No clumping at all though, my dealer said they do not carry the mod decks period.

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 06-22-2014, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I cut the angle iron at each end right up the corner, and also cut off one side of the angle so that it was a flat piece that I bent for the 90. I left the flat a bit longer than I thought I would really need and then drilled a hole into each end on the flat that allowed the rubber to just touch the ground when the deck is in the mowing position at the height I cut at. I used the gauge wheel bolt since it is long enough, and a start washer on each side of the angle iron piece to keep it from rotating while in use. It works excellent like that.
Would you mind posting a picture of how you have your striper mounted to the deck wheel mount please sir? I'm not sure what you mean by using a start washer to keep it from rotating. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-22-2014, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONO2 View Post
Would you mind posting a picture of how you have your striper mounted to the deck wheel mount please sir? I'm not sure what you mean by using a start washer to keep it from rotating. Thanks in advance!
I used a star washer (not start washer), sorry for the confusion from the mistype in my earlier post. This is the only view I have of the end right now. The angle iron is bent downward at a 90 degree angle and has a bolt hole drilled through it to use the gauge wheel bolt.
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2014, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the clarification! Now I understand. No picture needed. Thanks again