Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-03-2013, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Member

UPDATE

Oxford Lawn Equipment, called and told Me that the parts came in and as soon as the mechanic gets in this morning He's on My mower I told them I'd see them in the morning when they opened.

He said come on the coffee will be on
Old 09-03-2013, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Hope that works out for ya. The problem is dealers should have to buy wear parts for what ever they order to sell. I hate it when I give a dealer my hard earned money and they don't stock squat. The real problem is the manufactures they should have a list of what they should stock for the numbers of units they sell.

I have two good dealers. One is just great. As he writes your sales ticket he then puts that part number on a legal pad to reorder. He always has the part. Just wish he sold more equipment. He makes his money on repairs cuz he has parts and gets stuff out.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My next mower will be an exmark simply because the guy at the dealership told me two things: 1) If my mower breaks on a tuesday and I need it ready as soon as possible, I will move to the top of their fix list as would any other person that uses the mower commercially, the homeowners mowers that are in the shop will get pushed back. And 2) When my mower goes in the shop, they send me out with a brand new demo machine while mine's being fixed. That alone pretty much sold me. Although, I do really like the john deere's as well. Wish there was a dealer a little closer. If they offered the same deal as the exmark dealers I might go the john deere route, they're both great machines.

YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com
2014 John Deere Z920M
2011 Husqvarna 5424 ZTR
(2) Craftsman Push Mowers
Stihl trimmers
Echo Blowers
6x10 open utility trailer
6x12 Enclosed Trailer
YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

Old 11-25-2013, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think after reading all this, I will go hug my dealer.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
I think after reading all this, I will go hug my dealer.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorum03 View Post
My next mower will be an exmark simply because the guy at the dealership told me two things: 1) If my mower breaks on a tuesday and I need it ready as soon as possible, I will move to the top of their fix list as would any other person that uses the mower commercially, the homeowners mowers that are in the shop will get pushed back. And 2) When my mower goes in the shop, they send me out with a brand new demo machine while mine's being fixed. That alone pretty much sold me. Although, I do really like the john deere's as well. Wish there was a dealer a little closer. If they offered the same deal as the exmark dealers I might go the john deere route, they're both great machines.

YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com
See to me, that is unfair.... we try to fix everyone right then when they pull up. Most of my homeowners drive in from hours away, I try my best to fix them while they go eat lunch. Heck my commercial guys come in grab tools, and help with their rides to get them back on the trailer. If a mower comes in and it can be fixed in less than an hour (most jobs on the mower can be done this fast) and I have the part sitting on the shelf, its getting fixed if they have time to wait, I dont care if they are commercial or homeowner, honestly they are treated the same.
If a dealer has 50 mowers that need to be fixed, and can only fix 5 a day, they should either hire some back up help, or just tell people to come back in a couple weeks when they get caught up instead of wasting peoples precious time sitting in the shop staring at them...
To the op's credit and parts stocking, a dealer cant have everything...we try our best, and everytime we put something on, it becomes a stock item after that. Asside from a lot of motor parts. Nearly all motor companies can have me parts next day for no added shipping costs, so I don't keep up with all the little gaskets, seals, etc cause there is so many. I do keep regulators, mufflers, coils, crank seals, and pan gaskets on my engines that I have had some of those issues with though...
Unless its a motor build, weird electrical, part is back ordered from manufacturer, or major motor issue, I think just about anything at a dealer that gives a dang can be fixed in less than 48 hours

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"
Old 11-26-2013, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree that it is unfair to the home owners but he didnt mean it like screw the homeowners machines, he meant it in the sense that if a homeowner drops their mower off and it isn't in as big of a rush to get fixed, then they will tend to the commercial machines.
2014 John Deere Z920M
2011 Husqvarna 5424 ZTR
(2) Craftsman Push Mowers
Stihl trimmers
Echo Blowers
6x10 open utility trailer
6x12 Enclosed Trailer
YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

Old 11-26-2013, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudosun View Post
I found a guy on craigslist who works on all commercial mowers. What a difference. The only new commercial mower i bought was quick36, and i sold that mower. I was thinking of getting a new scag, but your story scares me a little.
Scag wasn't the issue, the dealer was! Unless you go to the same dealer, why would this affect you?
Old 11-26-2013, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
See to me, that is unfair.... we try to fix everyone right then when they pull up. Most of my homeowners drive in from hours away, I try my best to fix them while they go eat lunch. Heck my commercial guys come in grab tools, and help with their rides to get them back on the trailer. If a mower comes in and it can be fixed in less than an hour (most jobs on the mower can be done this fast) and I have the part sitting on the shelf, its getting fixed if they have time to wait, I dont care if they are commercial or homeowner, honestly they are treated the same.
If a dealer has 50 mowers that need to be fixed, and can only fix 5 a day, they should either hire some back up help, or just tell people to come back in a couple weeks when they get caught up instead of wasting peoples precious time sitting in the shop staring at them...
To the op's credit and parts stocking, a dealer cant have everything...we try our best, and everytime we put something on, it becomes a stock item after that. Asside from a lot of motor parts. Nearly all motor companies can have me parts next day for no added shipping costs, so I don't keep up with all the little gaskets, seals, etc cause there is so many. I do keep regulators, mufflers, coils, crank seals, and pan gaskets on my engines that I have had some of those issues with though...
Unless its a motor build, weird electrical, part is back ordered from manufacturer, or major motor issue, I think just about anything at a dealer that gives a dang can be fixed in less than 48 hours
Like JB1 said, "makes me want to hug my dealer".Lol

BTW,Forgot to say while I was there today. Hope ya'll enjoy your trip and time off!
Posted via Mobile Device