Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-11-2014, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Congrats on the new iron. Out of curiosity can you explain why you run those two sizes? They seem pretty close, i notice most people get a small one and a much bigger one
Old 12-12-2014, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Congrats on the new iron. Out of curiosity can you explain why you run those two sizes? They seem pretty close, i notice most people get a small one and a much bigger one
Great question!

The E26 is actually the best suited for most of the work we do. It's small, has minimal tail swing, and has the reach needed to just make dumping into the trucks. This machine is great in tight areas and only weighs about 6K. Easy to trailer with any truck in my fleet.

The 335 is used for the tougher jobs, where more power and size is needed. The 335 weighs over 9K. I only trailer it with a couple of the trucks and I have to have a cdl driver move it. Which is myself or another employee. Although, the 335 is not a big diference in size, the power is what makes the biggest difference. The 335 is actually double the machine. For instance, lift capacity of the E26 is 1896lbs. The 335 is 3963lbs.

I can get away with the E26 for most of my work. The reason to buy the 335 was that I get a great deal of work pulling out stumps. Doing it with the smaller machine was just beating on it and at times I would have to have a skid steer there to dump the larger stumps into the truck. With the 335 I can easily lift it into the dump. To tell the truth, I also had to spend some of my profit that year, for tax purpose...lol