Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-12-2015, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicturePerfectLawns View Post
This is another thing he fails to realize. Many people got stuck in the ways of the old hand helds. Sure 10 years ago, getting a service life of double out today's standards was normal. Today, that is not normal. There are many reasons behind that, including the government. If you get 3 years out of a handheld for $400.00 that your writing off anyway, don't you think you earned your money's worth with that machine. I can understand his frustration, self destruction before warranty is expired. Same thing with the short-block. But come on, he's bashing a company over a problem that we've heard about how many times out of the thousands of trimmers sold? It just doesn't add up. I'm going to let it go and jump out of this one though.

Thank you Stihl for all the money you've made me.
Do a search on lawnsite about Stihl 4 mix and get back to me.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishboy View Post
Do a search on lawnsite about Stihl 4 mix and get back to me.

That wouldn't accomplish anything for me. My momma taught me long, long ago not to listen to anything you hear on the internet. I once bought an engine from a re-manufactured engine company long ago with negative reviews and it worried be sick. That engine ran longer than the original factory engine, at 200,000 miles before it quite, despite all the negative reviews.

That's when one day I woke up and realized, hmm, a company sells 1 million products, there's 100 negative reviews written online in forums, does that mean their bad? Not really. Actually it means they have a great track record, it just takes a bit of first grade math to realize their track record.

Just fyi, these two Stihl's are both 4 mixes, I almost forgot about the hedge trimmer. Anyway, this FC 110 and HL 100 was passed down to me from the City of Dallas after two LONG HARD years of ABUSE. (2) Years under my belt with them, making four years of abuse. And neither one has NEVER failed to start within 5 pulls on a cold rainy day.

With that said, you might convince someone else otherwise. But I go my personal experience.