Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-05-2000, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Member

What has anyone done to remedy Typhula Blight? Aerate the area? Never had this problem before, I think this is just the result of a large amount of snow melting very slow. Thank in advance. Kevin
Old 03-05-2000, 04:59 PM
Banned

Check with your local ag-ext. The master gardener should have some help for you also.
Old 03-05-2000, 05:29 PM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Aerate in 3 directions, run a power rake over the area until you make a seed bed.<br>Spread ryegrass, rake, roll, and apply penn mulch.<p>You have to apply fungicide in the fall to<br>prevent snow molds in the spring.<p>There is nothing that &quot;cures&quot; a snow mold<br>once the pathogen has started.
Old 03-07-2000, 01:11 AM
Banned

i deal with grey snowmold and in the fall i use a product called Fe 8 and then in spring wake up my turf with it mixed with liquid urea.<p>
Old 03-07-2000, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Kevin, you cannot deal with apparent fungus problems by conjecture. Have you had the problem positively identified? If you have had a sample tested by knowledgeable office or person, and know for sure that you are dealing with gray snow mold, then see &lt;a href=&quot;http://ianrwww.unl.edu/pubs/PlantDisease/g824.htm#tbgsm]&quot;&gt;Snow Mold&lt;/a&gt;, or numerous other extension service sites.<p>In my experience, shorter mowing late in season is the best cultural practice. In 20 yrs, only had one major case of gray snow mold, and that was in a mostly bentgrass lawn.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana<p>