Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-06-2014, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalz View Post
Just my $.02. For general use, A 250 will be plenty. For my purposes a f150 woth a heavier tow package around 8k will be more than enough. I want to upgrade to an f250 long bed. Remember younger guys like us, newer, bigger, nicer trucks are a lot higher on insurance. That's why I don't want to get newer than an 07 because insurance is high. You can get nice f250 used with less thank 100k miles for around 10k- 12 if you look
Exactly the way I think, but also take into consideration gas milage. It costs me a lot more $$$ than I expected to drive my F250 around town all the time

I dont regret buying it one bit, but remember when looking at the purchase price of any vehicle, you should consider what the insurance, maintenance, and gas will cost before you decide to buy. Don't max out your budget with the initial cost, save money for future gas and repairs so you can afford to drive your vehicle.

I didn't consider gas prices and the amount of miles I drive before buying my truck, so after the first month of paying $90/week to fill up the tank I almost thought it was leaking gas
Exmark Vantage
Exmark Turf Tracer
Stihl Handhelds
1 Full Time Helper
10,000 Post cards in boxes ready to be sent out next season