Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-15-2011, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

NCMA SRW Installer Student Manual??

Hey guys, I'm taking the NCMA srw installer certification class in Louisville in a couple weeks, and I am trying to find an online copy of the book they use in the class. I took the ICPI cert last year and practically knew the book by heart by the time the class came around, and I want to do the same thing with this class. I'm just the kind of guy who likes to study ahead. Anyways, I'm not having any success finding it online and thought maybe one of you guys may know if/where I can find it. Thanks!

"Without purpose ... goals, ambitions, and dreams aren't worth the paper they're written on. Without direction, a business plan, no matter how carefully written, is simply a bunch of words ruining a perfectly good blank sheet of paper."
Old 09-18-2012, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Did you ever find it?
Old 10-01-2012, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ya...when I got to the class lol. It isn't like the icpi manual, it is basically just a printout of all the powerpoint slides in their presentation for the class. I scored like a 98 on the test. Trust me, if you are taking it, don't sweat it, you'll be able to pick it up in class. I studied the icpi manual backwards an forwards before that class, but the ncma isn't as intense.

"Without purpose ... goals, ambitions, and dreams aren't worth the paper they're written on. Without direction, a business plan, no matter how carefully written, is simply a bunch of words ruining a perfectly good blank sheet of paper."
Old 10-01-2012, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

In order to get the actual license, what all is required? Passing the test obviously, but what else? How long ago did you get licensed if you did? Has taking these classes and acquiring any connections helped you much?
Old 10-01-2012, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendonTW View Post
In order to get the actual license, what all is required? Passing the test obviously, but what else? How long ago did you get licensed if you did? Has taking these classes and acquiring any connections helped you much?
Well first, it's not a license, it's a certification. The requirements are to take the one day class and pass the test at the end, that's it. I think ICPI now requires you to install so many square feet of pavers before you can get the actual certification, but ncma has no such requirement that I am aware of. Yes, I would say any classes I have taken have helped. You can ask questions and talk to other people in the industry which is always beneficial as well.

I got my icpi certification 2 years ago and ncma certification one year ago. I am actually in the process of selling my company because I have a baby girl on the way and I have some other business ventures I want to try out.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with the op. ICPI is more involved than NCMA. When I took ICPI, they condesned the 2 day course down to 1 day because a snowstorm was forecasted for the second of the class. I plowed the second day and all night, then drove 45 min down the highway with the plow on straight to take the test. I'm glad I passed.
61" Wright zk
ASV SR 70
Takeuchi 135
Kubota 7610 40" rotadarion
20' enclosed 10k lawncare trailer
18' aluminum 12k equipment trailer
35hp Giant Vac leaf loader