Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-05-2015, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Is it best to schedule snow removal as a one time service or is there any way to schedule it as recurring even though you don't know the next date of service?

My picture thread:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=374000
Old 02-17-2015, 04:38 PM
Sponsor

Hey sorry guys for the delay. We launched a new website recently and that took a massive amount of my time. If you guys have feedback for it I would love to hear it as we keep working on it.

@Leland Lawn I do like the idea to being able to automatically add late charges. Right now we see a lot of people have it setup as a flat fee for the late charge and save it as a product so they can add it easily. When we get around to working on invoicing and chip that idea in.

@Gman2310 I do not know exactly what would happen with Stripe in that circumstance. It might just be trying that one invoice so only allowing them to pay for that amount. If you have Jobber add the full account balance shown on an invoice does it still not let them pay for it in full in Stripe?

@tomlanders The invoice is based on character count, not number of line items. If will not break onto a second page until it fills up the first as far as I know. If you are putting 4 and there is still space for more but its putting it on a second page, that might be a bug and should be submitted to our support team.

@KS_Grasscutter Dave wrote up a blog post on some ways to do that. The main way of doing it is creating multiple recurring jobs, but with no scheduled visits. Then you can use the map view to batch create visits when needed.

More detail here: https://blog.getjobber.com/2014/10/j...-removal-jobs/

We also have this recorded webinar with Dave about snow removal. Its pretty long at 50 minutes but covers a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oDILyP9-6k

-Landen

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 02-20-2015, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Here's another idea. A way to email, or print to mail, ALL customers, or a selected group of customers all at once. Like for sending a spring letter or other correspondence. I'm looking now and don't see any way to do something like this, but Jobber is where all of my most current client information is at. I tried downloading the file, but I just get a spreadsheet, and I can't do anything with that like turning that into mail labels.

Most of the year one can include such things with the invoices, but in the off season I'd like to have this option, even a "blank" form that's not an invoice but would print with each address and return address on it, company logo, etc.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:10 PM
Sponsor

Another feature we would love to have but we are not fully there yet.

Most people use some kind of email marketing product like Mailchimp so we wrote a guide about it here: https://blog.getjobber.com/2013/08/m...t-from-jobber/

If we were to work on more marketing features being able to do it my email or regular mail would be interesting.

-Landen

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 03-01-2015, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Member

So what is everyone's review of this software?

I use Mac's, iPhone and iPad. No Pc's!! I currently Use QBO for my accounting and invoicing software. Reoccurring monthly invoices went out at midnight on the first and when I wake up I have payments received for a number of clients. ( I use QB Payments as well ). I also use QB Payroll for my payroll.

I invoice, seasonal or per visit jobs upon completion. ( so i guess I could batch invoicing )

I came across this as I was looking to find a better way for route sheets in lieu of me printing out and adding notes from an excel spreadsheet I Made up. I have a client scheduling app that i have used with success , but it is difficult for more than one crew.

Also are there areas to designate what items services need to be done at a property. ( i.e. hedges trim, or weeds removal, or mow and go for a seasonal customer )

Just looking to see if those who are using it are using it for multiple crews? What your thoughts of this software is?

Thanks in advance.
Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not using it for multiple crews but it does work well, only issues I am having are a few quickbooks sync issues, They are working with me to resolve those, And this is the first real issue I have had since using it. Have ben using the software for about 1 1/2 years.
Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potomac Lawns Inc. View Post
Not using it for multiple crews but it does work well, only issues I am having are a few quickbooks sync issues, They are working with me to resolve those, And this is the first real issue I have had since using it. Have ben using the software for about 1 1/2 years.
Thanks..... I started the trial version yesterday. I like the route sheets and the customization ability of it.. A well as dragging the properties to set the route order. when my guys get back, i will try the QB feature on a few seasonal per visit properties they have scheduled.

I already have my contracts set up as reoccurring invoices in QB, so they are sent at 12:01 on the 1st day of each month.