Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-02-2013, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
Sildoc was this a problem with the turfmasters tranny or just the fact that the drive cable was fraying? How does the tranny on the turfmaster act now? Now I'm leaning toward the toro as I tried it out yesterday and liked the controls and they are all out of the ex30 here. Also toro dealer is by my house.
Posted via Mobile Device
Cable was the problem all fixed now and they said they redesigned the cable to be stronger, time will tell.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Sildoc and Lawnsaspire, thanks we have at 2.5, we will check if bag is against frame and if clogged with grass etc..

We had to push lawn mower also up hills etc.. Dealer fixed, seems to be working now.

Lawnsaspire, it does save time on straight streches, big and awkward on turns around trees. The bagger as I said is unacceptable if it continues to leave leaves behind, mulching is okay. Mixed feelings if I should of bought it. We have a 32" Wright stander so it does alot of our big yards. If I didn't have Wright stander I probably would of bought it.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Wright Stander 32 vs Toro Turfmaster 30:

Dry weight comparison: 605 - 167 = 438 lbs...before the operator steps on to the 32 Stander. Top off both fuel tanks and add a 200lb man = >650 lb difference.
Productivity is a different story...as well as fuel costs.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 11-02-2013, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=Ray&Christine;4895129]Has anyone bagged leaves with this machine yet? It is leaving behind a trail of mulched leaves for me. I am picking up a thin layer of leaves at a time.

thanks[/QUOTE

I have the exmark 30 and it does a great job
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2013, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Member

I have the Timemaster and like it. Mulches grass much better than my Snapper Hi Vac with Ninja blade. However mulching leaves is another story, the mulched leaves are two to three times larger than the Snapper processed. Does anyone know of better performing blades for the mower?
Old 11-03-2013, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_H View Post
I have the Timemaster and like it. Mulches grass much better than my Snapper Hi Vac with Ninja blade. However mulching leaves is another story, the mulched leaves are two to three times larger than the Snapper processed. Does anyone know of better performing blades for the mower?
The turfmaster blades are much better with leaves. You'll have to go over leaves weekly in any case for this mower to handle them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2013, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I didn't see any pictures of Timemaster vs Turfmaster blade comparisons. I added a thread here.

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl FS55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
Husqvarna 580BTS blower
Dolmar 245.4 string trimmer
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Old 11-05-2013, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Turfmaster bagging problem on earlier post: Looks like the bag is not against the frame on the bottom left by 1/2 inch. I guess the metal frame of the bag needs to be bent back.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

purchased the turfmaster today. After a seasons worth of deliberation and using its counterpart, the timemaster for several months, I was able to come to this decision. In the end I went with the toro version because 1 they were all out of the ex30 at the exmark dealer and said their were none even at the factory to order. 2. The toro dealer is very close to me and no reports of any mechanical failures on the toro excepting cable breaking. 3. The only thing I didn't like when comparing the two was the wheel quality on the toro compared to the more resilient design on the Ex30. I like the way the toro handles and like the single
Bail. Having only used it on one lawn which
Included a large pile of leaves that I gobbled up with it. I can already tell a difference in the ability of the Kawi engine and the Briggs on the timemaster to handle eat up large amounts of leaves without killing the engine. Very pleased about that. I took before and after pictures of this leaf job that I used the turfmaster on if someone could tell me how to post pictures on here with my IPhone, I will post them. Finally I want to thank sildoc and vegandude for all of their fine reports on the commercial 30 inch mowers in helping me make the decision. I also want to thank Exact rottotilling for his observations and love of the timemaster in helping me not to jump the gun to early in purchasing the commercial version. His has proved to be a very objective outlook. While I am very fond of the timemaster , come spring I think it would've been lacking as valid replacement to my quick 36, which i sold this summer. I will be making constant comparisons and updates between the t30 an the turfmaster for the remainder of the season. Thanks, Matt.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-05-2013, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
purchased the turfmaster today. After a seasons worth of deliberation and using its counterpart, the timemaster for several months, I was able to come to this decision. In the end I went with the toro version because 1 they were all out of the ex30 at the exmark dealer and said their were none even at the factory to order. 2. The toro dealer is very close to me and no reports of any mechanical failures on the toro excepting cable breaking. 3. The only thing I didn't like when comparing the two was the wheel quality on the toro compared to the more resilient design on the Ex30. I like the way the toro handles and like the single
Bail. Having only used it on one lawn which
Included a large pile of leaves that I gobbled up with it. I can already tell a difference in the ability of the Kawi engine and the Briggs on the timemaster to handle eat up large amounts of leaves without killing the engine. Very pleased about that. I took before and after pictures of this leaf job that I used the turfmaster on if someone could tell me how to post pictures on here with my IPhone, I will post them. Finally I want to thank sildoc and vegandude for all of their fine reports on the commercial 30 inch mowers in helping me make the decision. I also want to thank Exact rottotilling for his observations and love of the timemaster in helping me not to jump the gun to early in purchasing the commercial version. His has proved to be a very objective outlook. While I am very fond of the timemaster , come spring I think it would've been lacking as valid replacement to my quick 36, which i sold this summer. I will be making constant comparisons and updates between the t30 an the turfmaster for the remainder of the season. Thanks, Matt.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Great to hear the great report!
Posted via Mobile Device