Advanced Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-16-2015, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Sildoc are you still running the yBravo 25's...?
We have a couple for those really wet days that we don't want to scrape. Really wished we could mulch, it would be much easier but have toooooooo many times it is to wet to mulch and be acceptable.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishboy View Post
To counter rotate they would need gearboxes or do a JD clone, which probably still has a patent on it.
Posted via Mobile Device
What's this talk of counter spinning all about?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2015, 12:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
What's this talk of counter spinning all about?
Posted via Mobile Device
Walker mowers have a gear box and the blades are counter rotating. The clippings are sent through a center chute....plus an additional impeller and back to that collection hopper. Correct me if I am wrong on this...? Many of my local peers run Walkers. I have never run one myself. Collection of clippings is something I try my best to avoid [robs nutrients and valuable organic matter] however at times it is faster.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2015, 06:00 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Walker mowers have a gear box and the blades are counter rotating. The clippings are sent through a center chute....plus an additional impeller and back to that collection hopper. Correct me if I am wrong on this...? Many of my local peers run Walkers. I have never run one myself. Collection of clippings is something I try my best to avoid [robs nutrients and valuable organic matter] however at times it is faster.
Posted via Mobile Device
Interesting enough the walker mulch decks do not counter rotate. I have a 42A and in heavy mulching the excess grass actually circulates from one chamber across the front into the other chamber where it does not get in the way of the blade cutting. Really clever design. The other thing I like about the walker is the deck is not too deep. Deep decks with low lift blades rob velocity and just pack wet\lush grass until it drops out making a big mess. There are a couple other features on that deck that really aid mulching. Back to the counter rotating deck. My new 42R is the best cutting deck I have ever used.That thing leaves a amazing cut at short heights on cool season grasses. My JD freedom mulch deck spins the same way but does not compare in QOC IMO. walker has some really smart people designing their latest decks.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Interesting enough the walker mulch decks do not counter rotate. I have a 42A and in heavy mulching the excess grass actually circulates from one chamber across the front into the other chamber where it does not get in the way of the blade cutting. Really clever design. The other thing I like about the walker is the deck is not too deep. Deep decks with low lift blades rob velocity and just pack wet\lush grass until it drops out making a big mess. There are a couple other features on that deck that really aid mulching. Back to the counter rotating deck. My new 42R is the best cutting deck I have ever used.That thing leaves a amazing cut at short heights on cool season grasses. My JD freedom mulch deck spins the same way but does not compare in QOC IMO. walker has some really smart people designing their latest decks.
Used my new ybravo today for the first time for leaf bagging and mulching. First impression was the insane suction this thing has. Archaeologists could use this mower to unearth ancient artifacts! The bag packs completely full but does not hold quite as much as the Timemaster, even though the timemaster bag will hold more than the commercial 30s. While I did purchase the mulching blade, I used the high lift blade today to mulch leaves and it did awesome in this mode. A couple passes and moderate leaf buildup was obliterated. When the mower first arrived and was assembled, I was concerned but the Rpms weren't correctly set, comparing it to the loud whine of my old turfmaster and friends ex30 I have used with the same engine. After using it and running it over leaves with tall grass I realize the Rpms are just fine and it's probably because the mower isn't running two blades is why the sound/pitch of the blades is different. More reviews and points to come!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-11-2015, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Quote:
Used my new ybravo today for the first time for leaf bagging and mulching. First impression was the insane suction this thing has. Archaeologists could use mower this to unearth ancient artifacts! The bag packs completely full but does not hold quite as much as the Timemaster, even though the timemaster bag will hold more than the commercial 30s. While I did purchase the mulching blade, I used the high lift blade today to mulch leaves and it did awesome in this mode. A couple passes and moderate leaf buildup was obliterated. When the mower first arrived and was assembled, I was concerned but the Rpms weren't correctly set, comparing it to the loud whine of my old turfmaster and friends ex30 I have used with the same engine. After using it and running it over leaves with tall grass I realize the Rpms are just fine and it's probably because the mower isn't running two blades is why the sound/pitch of the blades is different. More reviews and points to come!
Posted via Mobile Device