Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-04-2006, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So Pumped!!

Well, today will be my last day mowing full-time for my 35 accounts with my little 36" Ferris walkbehind. I just lined up a 52" Ferris Hydro with relatively low hours that I will be picking up somtime next weekend. Bad part is im in St. Louis and the mower is up in Michigan but it will be a fun trip with the pals. Walking 35 yards a week with only a 36" just isnt doing it for me anymore and I was beginning to count the days left on my knees. Anyways, just thought I'd post for anyone who is looking at the 36 Ferris Single hydro, you CAN NOT put a silky on there and will be forced to walk all yards. I wish now that I would have either looked at a different brand or went with the belt drive so I could ride behind it. I cant wait to see the look on my customers face when I show up next week riding behind this monster!
Old 06-04-2006, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Oh so hydros can't be velke'd ?

Belt-drive T-bar toros, no hydro required.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i here ya buddy, back in the day it was me and my 36" scag and 40 lawns. The heck with walking that much, with all there is to do with running a buis. walking 40 yards in a week makes it hard to get anything else done. I upgraded to a 52" scag ultimate, it got way easier and had more time to build a bigger buis.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I didnt say hydros couldnt be velky'd...just with the 36" hydrocut ferris almost all of the turning is done by the operator since its only a single hydro. Basically, there would be no way of turning the machine if you were standing on a cart. Havent had one problem with the mower so far, so Im not going to knock it but it is definately time to upgrade to somthing a little bigger, faster and can be ridden