Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-08-2014, 07:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had tons of issues with my 36" belt drive world lawn WB last season, and I also had poor support from the folks at world lawn. I finally had to fabricate a bushing out of nylon that kept getting worn out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-08-2014, 07:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had tons of issues with my 36" belt drive world lawn WB last season, and I also had poor support from the folks at world lawn. I finally had to fabricate a bushing out of nylon that kept getting worn out.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-08-2014, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugglelandscaping86 View Post
Thanks guys I have decided to not do that kubota just bc of the aftermarket stuff. We have a gravely dealer, Kubota, Hustler, Bad boy, Grasshopper and World Lawn. I havent heard much about World Lawn King Cobra mowers but seem decent for the price. $7200 for a 60' and 27 kawasaki engine. There are so many decisions. I like gravely but their about $12500 for the 60' I want. Ill go check out the bad boys, the local school companies have gone to them and seem to like them. they have of course the 60-72'' for cutting the fields. Whats the price for the bad boys and what size deck and engine?
You can get 20% off gravely if you buy a cheap push mower.

Sounds like you want a 460
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-08-2014, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Even my local Kubota dealer will tell you to not buy one. Haha. They'd rather put you on an eXmark, for several reasons, including: parts availability, cost, reliability, serviceability, etc. As others stated, you don't want to deal with the breakdowns-end of a Kubota ZTR.

You need to figure out exactly what it is you want from this machine, how long you plan to keep it, what you REALLY need. You mentioned an ~$8800 mower and then a ~$12.5K mower. They're two totally different machines that offer totally different experiences. Likewise, engine choices are all over the place, too. I would absolutely recommend Kohler EFI, if it's available on the chassis you desire.

Why not keep running what you have? It has fresh power and $8K-$12K buys an awful lot of parts.

Is your expenditure of a new mower going to pay for itself? If you already have an equivalent machine, I'd run the thing until it broke in-two.

Everyone has different ideas of their "perfect mower". You need to spend a lot of hours researching machines and dealers (dealer support is a lot of why I run what I have). Then, make the decision on your own.

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl KM55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
'14 Ariens Compact 24" Sno-Thro
'08 Troy Bilt Squall 2100
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Old 02-11-2014, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Your absolutely right. My mower has roughly 200 hours on it and I let a local gravely dealer install the new motor. They are excellent people to work with and you can buy a lot of parts for 8-12k. I can't justify buying a new one and even might buy another used gravely. I love it. Its a little older but hey its money going into my bank and no to a mower note. Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
Even my local Kubota dealer will tell you to not buy one. Haha. They'd rather put you on an eXmark, for several reasons, including: parts availability, cost, reliability, serviceability, etc. As others stated, you don't want to deal with the breakdowns-end of a Kubota ZTR.

You need to figure out exactly what it is you want from this machine, how long you plan to keep it, what you REALLY need. You mentioned an ~$8800 mower and then a ~$12.5K mower. They're two totally different machines that offer totally different experiences. Likewise, engine choices are all over the place, too. I would absolutely recommend Kohler EFI, if it's available on the chassis you desire.

Why not keep running what you have? It has fresh power and $8K-$12K buys an awful lot of parts.

Is your expenditure of a new mower going to pay for itself? If you already have an equivalent machine, I'd run the thing until it broke in-two.

Everyone has different ideas of their "perfect mower". You need to spend a lot of hours researching machines and dealers (dealer support is a lot of why I run what I have). Then, make the decision on your own.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-26-2014, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Worldlawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35DollarLawns View Post
You guys need to know the worldlawn line is not cheaper made... It is questionable in aspects but not in construction.

The company is dead copies of the 90's early 2000 toros.
I know they rock . A friendly tip get a harbor freight suspension seat and the cobra rides as food as any
And their new KING COBRA is awesome . I own a venom stander and some standard 36&42" walks and they are fine.
Posted via Mobile Device
Worldlawn took over Encore in 2011. Their machines appear to be Encore machines with some modifications. Encore was started by the owner(s) of Exmark after they sold out to others. The Encore machines were much like the Exmark machines. I have had the Encore Extreme 52" riding mower for about 5 or 6 years and have abused the hell out of it, mowing 4 feet tall pasture, and rocks and pavement. Just ran into my first problem with it this last week, a motor wheel hydraulic line was rubbing against the frame and wore through, poor design aspect in an otherwise great performing machine. Tough to find dealers though!
Old 05-28-2014, 02:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLTurfmanagement View Post
when determining a mower I look at initially the cost of the unit, then the cost of commonly replaced parts such as: spindles, pulleys, etc., lastly I look at how many dealers there are in my area that service/can get parts for each unit. The only issue I've found with companies such as bad boy is that where are the dealers? Around where I'm located there's only one whereas with exmark there are a bunch of dealers so parts pricing, and unit pricing is more competitive and can easier find a better deal. Not to mention when your main unit goes down on the job you need parts replaced now, you can't wait to order anything. A lot of lawn guys will tell you buy this brand or that brand but how I look at it is that these units are all commercial, they all work well, if they didn't they wouldn't have such a high price tag and wouldn't be used by so many professionals, you can determine their longevity, ease of use etc. on your own based on your own personal preferences
I agree with this. No matter what brand you buy, you will need service and parts for it. I would seek out the dealers of the various brands and normally you can determine if they are servicing a lot of LCO's. I run all Scags in my company. I've got a lot of great service out of Scag mowers, but most commercial mowers are built well. In my market Scag and Exmark are the most popular brands. It's no coincidence that of the best 2 dealers in town one has Exmark and the other sells Scag. I think all the brands you mentioned are good mowers except Bad Boy. Just my opinion, good luck!