Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-31-2013, 06:29 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrorob View Post
Story time !!!

Years ago a man had his diesel K5 Blazer towed into the shop, The starter was dangling by the cable underneath...... The whole nose cone was shattered to pieces and one mount bolt was broke off in the block, After drilling out the busted bolt and installing a new starter I jumped in to start it up. In the passenger floor board was three cans of either...... You guessed it, It wouldn't start.

I called the man asking if he wanted me to check why it wouldn't start...... His reply; "shoot some either in it and it will fire right up", I got a couple guys and pushed it out my bay then told em to come get it.....

Two more tows and three more busted bolts along with two more new starters, He finally woke up and let me install a new glow plug controller......

I every time I see those "Gas Monkey" guys...... EVERYTHING they try to get run'n is with either instead of finding the root of the problem and fix'n it........
There is an old guy ..within earshot of where I live...that has a fixit shop in his backyard..
His garbage cans are always overflowing with starter fluid and snakeoil cans..
There's nothing more frustrating than trying to enjoy a Saturday afternoon bbq..
While. listening to hunting governors...lean carbs...weak ignitions..chinese sparkplugs..etc.
His biggest problem is water in the gas...he washes everything with a 13hp honda pressure washer...

We don't talk much.....