Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-05-2014, 12:41 AM
LawnSite Member

It is always a challenge to figure out best mix of Equipment to match accounts. I Think the setup for you GMLC based on what your accounts are and the fact you said you have properties with hills that only a walk behind will do, I think having a walk behind is a given for you. Also I know you love your 452 but if trailer space wasnt an issue you have made it clear you would have a 460. So in your perfect scenario a 460. A walk behind whatever size works best for you. And I think if you considered a prostance 48" you would truly have a great mix of sizes. And would truly have a stander that can not only get places 452 can't go but if you did get the 460 in a year or two you could really get more areas that 460 wont fit. I have been really surprised how many gates I can just squeeze through with 48" over the 52" grandstand I had. And there is just enough trim side on 48" since prostance is a hair narrower than grandstand. Until just before my purchase I always considered a 48" Mower to be a size I wouldn't consider but it has really made a big difference. Good luck with your decision. I also think with the engines being the same on 48 and 52 you will enjoy less power loss in thick wet conditions with 48".
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-05-2014, 08:10 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'd keep the 452 and add a 36 WB if it fits your lawns. You'd also get the added advantage of being able to run the same blade on each machine, easier to order one type and size blade to get a good quantity discount!