Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-22-2013, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maynardGkeynes View Post
I think he will end up with a lot more KBG than that, because the PRG is going to weaken or die in the mid-summer heat, allowing the KBG to spread. For a Fall seeding, I would keep the PRG under 20% by weight, but not this late in spring. 50/50 by weight seems about right to me in Mid-May. It's a bit of a hail mary at this point anyway.
Prg die??? If its watered properly it will be fine. Will it be stressed? Sure...but to say it will die...uh..no.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Prg die??? If its watered properly it will be fine. Will it be stressed? Sure...but to say it will die...uh..no.
Maybe not on LI, but the reason they use it down south to overseed warm season grasses is that it basically goes bye-bye over 90F, watered or not. In DC/Md where i live, by the Fall, you have always lost enough turf that overseeding is mandatory, even if you dose liberally with H20. PRG is the coolest of the cool season grasses, and literally can't take the heat. BTW, I used to live on LI, and I loved the way PRG did there. The PRG lawns looked as "blue" as Daisey's lawn in the new Great Gatsby, except it wasn't computer generated like the movie.