Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-09-2013, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
Well Mr. TurfWerks,

I can't speak for their product but it seams like they have been around for a while and have a good product.

The main difference that I can see if that our software is focused on being amazing at the functions that we do provide and having the easiest user interface out there. This means that we may not have all the bells and whistles, but might just be a better fit for your business.

The main things that I can see that we don't offer 3 features that they do; customer portal, estimating, and GPS turn by turn voice navigation. We have found that the last 2 are features that are not a huge priority for our customers.
However, a customer portal is something that is definitely on our road map for the future. This is where the customer can sign in and see their billing history, etc. Of course, we have all this info managed for you in Jobber and you can pull up and send them what they need to see at any time. Right now though, we don't offer this directly to your end customer.

Obviously, the difference in price is a bit of a shocker and is detailed above. It really boils down to what you need for your own individual business.

Hope that helps!

Jeff
Hey Jeff. I'm a quickbooks pro user & I'm looking for a mobil app for my android phone. The 2 key things I need are: A. the ability to record a customer payment on the run,so the customer's account gets credited. And B. Logging in the days field work in an easy streamlined fasion that eliminates the old pen and daily log sheet. I can't decide if I should upgrade to Q B pro plus. Q B mobil. Or get your Jobber app.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-09-2013, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerds View Post
Need help on finding out which software is best for starting a lawn care bussiness. need something to help with money taken in and money payed out,just away to keep up with it better and run buss. more efficient.
I've been a Quickbooks pro user for the longest time & I really like it. If all u plan to use it for is the accounts recievable & payable then Q B does the job quite well. However for some more industry specific tools like daily routing and logging in the days work you may want to look into one of those other programs like Jobber.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-09-2013, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I know some guys that have Jobber and some that have Groundskeeper. When I first started his business, I created my own estimates and invoices on Word. 3 years ago I did a lot of research on lawn care software. I decided to go with LawnPro. As with anything, once you take the time and learn how to use it, it's pretty easy. You can also link it with Quick Books. I have not had any problems with it. It is a one time fee with NO monthly fees which is great. There are a bunch of programs out there and I am sure they all work fine. LawnPro just happens to work great for me.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Jeff, I'm going to be looking at software and with the cost of real green its likely it won't be them. I will give the free trial a shot.. Is there someone or some user tools to help set up the software initially?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensation Man View Post
Hey Jeff. I'm a quickbooks pro user & I'm looking for a mobil app for my android phone. The 2 key things I need are: A. the ability to record a customer payment on the run,so the customer's account gets credited. And B. Logging in the days field work in an easy streamlined fasion that eliminates the old pen and daily log sheet. I can't decide if I should upgrade to Q B pro plus. Q B mobil. Or get your app.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey SenMan,

To be honest, I'm not really familiar with quickbooks pro and I can't speak to their product very well. Do they have a free upgrade trial of some sort?

I can tell you that those two uses you described are part of our core functions and something we take a lot of pride in doing really well. I'd suggest just running a free trial with Jobber and seeing if that will make your life easier.0

Actually, you said it best here with your next post!

"I've been a Quickbooks pro user for the longest time & I really like it. If all u plan to use it for is the accounts recievable & payable then Q B does the job quite well. However for some more industry specific tools like daily routing and logging in the days work you may want to look into one of those other programs like Jobber."

Cheers,

Jeff

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 01-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurfWerks View Post
Jeff, I'm going to be looking at software and with the cost of real green its likely it won't be them. I will give the free trial a shot.. Is there someone or some user tools to help set up the software initially?
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey TurfWerks,

Great! Glad to see you'll give us a whirl.

If you just go to the website www.getjobber.com you can sign up for the free 30 day trial from there. Just enter your details and create your Jobber account.

If you'd like, I can get one of our account reps to give you a shout and help you out. Just PM me your phone number. Alternatively, you could request a demo to go over the basics too.

You can start poking around yourself in the meantime and check it out.

Thanks,

Jeff

Old 01-10-2013, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Jeff.. it will probably be early next week.. I will pm you then..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2013, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Member

I use LawnPro 4 software. Anyone else use this?
Old 01-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
Well Mr. TurfWerks,

I can't speak for their product but it seams like they have been around for a while and have a good product.

The main difference that I can see if that our software is focused on being amazing at the functions that we do provide and having the easiest user interface out there. This means that we may not have all the bells and whistles, but might just be a better fit for your business.

The main things that I can see that we don't offer 3 features that they do; customer portal, estimating, and GPS turn by turn voice navigation. We have found that the last 2 are features that are not a huge priority for our customers.
However, a customer portal is something that is definitely on our road map for the future. This is where the customer can sign in and see their billing history, etc. Of course, we have all this info managed for you in Jobber and you can pull up and send them what they need to see at any time. Right now though, we don't offer this directly to your end customer.

Obviously, the difference in price is a bit of a shocker and is detailed above. It really boils down to what you need for your own individual business.

Hope that helps!

Jeff
I should clarify that actually Jobber does do estimating and quoting. I just meant we don't have the fancy visuals that would cost you an extra arm and a leg.

Thanks,

Jeff