Register free!

Old 09-20-2014, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Here is where I am now. I've installed the d30. I'm pretty sure I have it plumbed right but this hose is left. What to do with it. Also do I have to prime pump for first start or just put a little water in the tank. Thanks you guys for all your help.
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2014, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Plumbing on sprayer
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2014, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure I understand this...but...I think their are four connections at the regulator. One is pressure flow going from the pump into the regulator. One hose goes to the reel. One is the dump hose and the regulator sends excess pressure and flow back to the tank, (it may or may not have agitation nozzles inside the tank). Another hose has a valve and (when valve is open) it is used to relieve all pressure and sends all flow to back to the intake hose just in front of the filter. ) Unusual and not-recommended design, but connect the barbed outlet on the right side of the regulator to that 18 inch hose in front of the filter--you should be good. You may need some kind of barbed hose nipple to adapt the hose connections.

Myself, Ric and others would rather have that hose go back to the tank rather than to the intake hose.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Riggle. Here is a better pict of the regulator. Looks like the the right side valve is used to run an additional hose reel from somewhere I read last night. May be wrong. I took the 1/2" fitting with hose off where the question mark is.
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2014, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlymowedlawns View Post
Thanks Riggle. Here is a better pict of the regulator. Looks like the the right side valve is used to run an additional hose reel from somewhere I read last night. May be wrong. I took the 1/2" fitting with hose off where the question mark is.
Congrats on the D-30 pump.

Put a 1/2" plug where the ??? is going into the manifold/ suction filter.

You will avoid cavitation issues and save your Diaphragm's. The design was a poor one for the bypass to flow into. I did the same to mine as well years ago, and better for it.

You put your bypass (no restrictions) to wash into the top of the tank. That's good.

One of your pressure side valves goes to your hose reel.

The 2nd can be connected to a jet agitator, and you would plumb through the top of the tank with another bulkhead fitting. I use pvc inside the tank down to the bottom and add a 90 degree fitting at the end on the bottom. Fit the jet agitator to this.

http://www.spraypartswarehouse.com/t...-jet-agitator/

Then adjusting as you need to for best agitation. Generally I will set the pressure 100psi Higher that I will use when spraying, then open the agitator pressure valve until the pressure is where you want.

Ric has some cool tricks too with these setups. Hopefully he will chime in as well.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritage View Post
Congrats on the D-30 pump.

Put a 1/2" plug where the ??? is going into the manifold/ suction filter.

You will avoid cavitation issues and save your Diaphragm's. The design was a poor one for the bypass to flow into. I did the same to mine as well years ago, and better for it.

You put your bypass (no restrictions) to wash into the top of the tank. That's good.

One of your pressure side valves goes to your hose reel.

The 2nd can be connected to a jet agitator, and you would plumb through the top of the tank with another bulkhead fitting. I use pvc inside the tank down to the bottom and add a 90 degree fitting at the end on the bottom. Fit the jet agitator to this.

http://www.spraypartswarehouse.com/t...-jet-agitator/

Then adjusting as you need to for best agitation. Generally I will set the pressure 100psi Higher that I will use when spraying, then open the agitator pressure valve until the pressure is where you want.

Ric has some cool tricks too with these setups. Hopefully he will chime in as well.
Man. Thank you guys so much for the help. You guys don't know how many hrs if headache that is saved. Lol. I appreciate it more than you know.
Posted via Mobile Device