Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-09-2000, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Generating new accounts for weed control/fertilization

I have recently opened a weed control and fertilization business and am trying to determine what would be the best ways to acquire new commercial and residential accounts. I have been in the business for awhile but the company I worked for didn't really have a business development plan other than the yellow pages. Any input or ideas on this would be greatly appriciated.
Old 01-10-2000, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

decali: for the past few years we been doing applications for a lawn service which is a friend of mine. its been working out well i do the billing on all the res.acc. and he bills all the com. acc. i use him for advertisment. he cuts about 150 lawns and i fert. about 100 + - of them. if you know some one that cuts see if you can do the fert. we did run adds in the paper no luck. when most of the weeds are up we place an add in a weekly add book that is mailed out for about 130.00 we push weed control here in n.j.. we do not have a add in the phone book.we found that there is a lot of price shopping. we used to app. for another lawn service but he wood never come out in cut the grass. grass grows, weeds get tall we got the blame. hope this helps. i cant type. anthony
Old 10-04-2006, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well of course....the latest university studies on this are just coming in. They ARE still doing research on the difference between the steel spikes to the poly spikes per the CEC (cation exchange capacity) These tests, while still inconclusive, are close to being complete and will be published shortly. Why do you think golf courses look so good? That doesn't happen by itself, you know...It is all in the shoes, brother,...it's all in the shoes......

WoW!!!! I just noticed....THIS is an old thread...!

Hey,...where IS Bobby, anyway? What happened?

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.

Last edited by Runner; 10-04-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The crew >>>>>>>>>.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.