Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 08-16-2014, 11:21 AM
ted putnam's Avatar
ted putnam ted putnam is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
Ted, what do you think about a Jr36 working on 5-10k sq ft lawns? Reasonably doable?


Very much so... and much bigger. It's when I'm doing lawns under 4k or so that I find it easier to just use a chest spreader and spot spray, unless you have several in a cluster. Then, of course, it's worth it to unload equipment for the added productivity.

On spraying pre's, it's just as fast or faster to spray a lawn with a hose/gun if it's under say 9k than using the Z's(we've timed it) unless the lawns again are in a cluster or larger in size. I know there are those here who don't/won't ever use a hose/gun but they are a great tool to have and we love the diversity/versatility of having many options at our disposal.
We use the tanks to spray lawns and also as nurse tanks for the Z's at the same time. We adjust the mix when used in the Z's. works great for us...
__________________
"The Poor Fish" circa 1930's: The Poor Fish wouldn't have been caught if he'd known enough to keep his fool mouth shut.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-16-2014, 03:28 PM
americanlawn's Avatar
americanlawn americanlawn is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: midwest
Posts: 5,613
If you have a few hundred or a few thousand customers, the best choice would be the T3000i. Best scenerio would be to transport it on a carrier rack. Outfits I see in my market who use PG's or Z's = they are also hauling lawn mowers, etc >> not saying they are "mom & pop outfits", but...........

The most dollars brought in one year was from one of my guys. $180,000. We use the T3000 spreader/sprayer because we are serious about what we do.
__________________
Proud subscriber of TURF Magazine. (thanks Ron)
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-16-2014, 03:56 PM
ted putnam's Avatar
ted putnam ted putnam is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
If you have a few hundred or a few thousand customers, the best choice would be the T3000i. Best scenerio would be to transport it on a carrier rack. Outfits I see in my market who use PG's or Z's = they are also hauling lawn mowers, etc >> not saying they are "mom & pop outfits", but...........

The most dollars brought in one year was from one of my guys. $180,000. We use the T3000 spreader/sprayer because we are serious about what we do.
We run 2 Z's because we're in it for "shitz'n'giggles".

There's a lot of variables that go in to total dollars produced. Route density is very high up there on the list. Much higher than equipment choice in spite of what you'd like to portray whether your figures are accurate or not... When I was a younger man just starting out, working for a larger company in a route high in density, close to the shop, I produced that much with a tanker truck and a push spreader. What you say is purely "speculative" and depends on much more than equipment choice.

I guess I don't blame you for trying to sell something one last time even though he's already purchased the Z. Maybe someone else is listening...
__________________
"The Poor Fish" circa 1930's: The Poor Fish wouldn't have been caught if he'd known enough to keep his fool mouth shut.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-16-2014, 04:13 PM
djagusch djagusch is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 3,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
If you have a few hundred or a few thousand customers, the best choice would be the T3000i. Best scenerio would be to transport it on a carrier rack. Outfits I see in my market who use PG's or Z's = they are also hauling lawn mowers, etc >> not saying they are "mom & pop outfits", but...........

The most dollars brought in one year was from one of my guys. $180,000. We use the T3000 spreader/sprayer because we are serious about what we do.
Drinking the turfco cool aid again?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-16-2014, 05:19 PM
georgialawn88 georgialawn88 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: atlanta georgia
Posts: 947
americanlawn, do you work for turfco or something? im just curious not trying to be a prick.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-16-2014, 06:46 PM
sprayboy sprayboy is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
If you have a few hundred or a few thousand customers, the best choice would be the T3000i. Best scenerio would be to transport it on a carrier rack. Outfits I see in my market who use PG's or Z's = they are also hauling lawn mowers, etc >> not saying they are "mom & pop outfits", but...........

The most dollars brought in one year was from one of my guys. $180,000. We use the T3000 spreader/sprayer because we are serious about what we do.
I'm glad you don't buy Z's caus Tom Rich would probably be embarrassed by your insane and ridiculous posts.

Grow up.
__________________
There is a jerk in every crowd.

Terry
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-16-2014, 06:53 PM
WestGaPineStraw's Avatar
WestGaPineStraw WestGaPineStraw is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Carrollton, Georgia
Posts: 758
We demoed the T a few years ago.

What a hunk of junk. Way over priced IMO. We went the Z route and haven't looked back.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-16-2014, 09:43 PM
Service 1st Lawn Care Service 1st Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
If you have a few hundred or a few thousand customers, the best choice would be the T3000i. Best scenerio would be to transport it on a carrier rack. Outfits I see in my market who use PG's or Z's = they are also hauling lawn mowers, etc >> not saying they are "mom & pop outfits", but...........

The most dollars brought in one year was from one of my guys. $180,000. We use the T3000 spreader/sprayer because we are serious about what we do.
I thought you said you never see any Z's in your area, as you say iowa is T country. $180,000 that's average
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-16-2014, 09:48 PM
inzane's Avatar
inzane inzane is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 1,602
all i know is that with my half ton truck it didn't seem reasonable to have a ride on on a carrier rack. by the time you add bags of fert and some liquid in the tank, the ass end would be about scraping the ground. its all fine on the trailer.

I spent most of the day getting the hang of this thing on my father in lawns property, had plenty of room.. way, way to many obstacles... which was kinda good because it was a challenge.. so when i get on my normal yards which are fairly easy and not as rough and hilly.. it will be easy., couldn't be happier with this thing. 30k sq. ft. lawn is fast and easy to spray.. beats pulling a hose any day.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-16-2014, 10:30 PM
sprayboy sprayboy is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
all i know is that with my half ton truck it didn't seem reasonable to have a ride on on a carrier rack. by the time you add bags of fert and some liquid in the tank, the ass end would be about scraping the ground. its all fine on the trailer.

I spent most of the day getting the hang of this thing on my father in lawns property, had plenty of room.. way, way to many obstacles... which was kinda good because it was a challenge.. so when i get on my normal yards which are fairly easy and not as rough and hilly.. it will be easy., couldn't be happier with this thing. 30k sq. ft. lawn is fast and easy to spray.. beats pulling a hose any day.
And btw, congrats on your purchase and you will be surprised what you can get done in a day.
__________________
There is a jerk in every crowd.

Terry
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 AM.

Page generated in 0.08078 seconds with 10 queries