Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-11-2014, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachi1984 View Post
iam not a fan of the speed feed head
I went from quick change to speed feed cuts my time down about 25-30% love it sadly be going to sthil now since my gravely dealer I had issues with not doing business with him anymore, Echo was there as well so now I bought a Deere probably switch to Sthil's unless this other place about 20miles from me is a dealer, it was not clear just showed up on map.

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 06-12-2014, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Speed feed is good if you put the line through the hole then wind it up. If you reload by taking the head apart then it can be a pain and you spend more time screwing around with the head
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-12-2014, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachi1984 View Post
Speed feed is good if you put the line through the hole then wind it up. If you reload by taking the head apart then it can be a pain and you spend more time screwing around with the head
Posted via Mobile Device
Only person to do this would be the one who threw the directions away.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-12-2014, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntide View Post
I went from quick change to speed feed cuts my time down about 25-30% love it sadly be going to sthil now since my gravely dealer I had issues with not doing business with him anymore, Echo was there as well so now I bought a Deere probably switch to Sthil's unless this other place about 20miles from me is a dealer, it was not clear just showed up on map.
Why can't you have speed feeds on your Stihls? I buy the big Oregons with adaptors to fit most any brand.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-12-2014, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Member

I have had the PAS 225 for about 2 years initially had the trimmer w/speed feed head and edger that I got in the package deal. A few months later I bought the hedge trimmer. A couple months ago I bought the chain saw attachment. I use it on 3 yards a week totaling about 2 acres. I have had to replace the primer bulb once and shortly after I got it I lost the big "T" nut and had to buy another one. It doesnt have a stopper to keep it from unthreading all of the way.

Since I changed the original plug, air filter, and fuel filter a few months ago it doesnt want to rev up when cold. Bogs down when revving until warmed up.

Only thing I dont like is I use one finger on the trigger and it is hard to pull. One of these days I am gonna see if a spring can be swapped out.

Tags
echo , feedback , pas , pro attachment series , trimmers