Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-08-2014, 02:57 AM
LawnSite Member

I run exmarks. Great mowers. But my advice to anyone starting up would be to buy a nice commercial mower that feels good, but get a used mower. I paid 13 grand and change for my last 38,60 x-series. There are a lot of mowers out there that are half the cost of new. Now after you get 30 or 40 accounts and your mowers production isn't keeping up, that's when I'd consider new. Or maybe hire a guy and buy another used mower. I understand wanting new. I did it starting out, but looking back I wouldn't have done it over again. I buy new as well as used now, cause the 3 year warranty. When the season starts, the mower is put to the grind day in day out. Anyway...just something to consider
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-08-2014, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Member

If you are sold on a deere cut then just go buy a Husqvarna pz the deck is the same design as deere and you save a couple thousand dollars. The true benifit of an exmark the durability less grease fitting I've seen spindles go for 3000 hrs the machine is built to last. Check cost of parts around here deere parts are high
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-08-2014, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmark is all I have had too. This is my third one & working on a forth this season ( stander) Great mowers but would not hesitate to own one of the new Deere models either. There 2014 line up is really impressive.. They both run about the same here price wise too.... Well, Deere might be a little higher but they still look great..