Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-23-2014, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

It has always been the right price that hands up most folks.All of the brands offer great products, most dealers
Work with you , but rarely will the mowers we want be the cash we have for them. Good luck with your serch keep us posted when, if you buy one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-23-2014, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ok I will and thanks!
Old 02-26-2014, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We Bought the Husky MZ-t 52 Last spring. Kind of went out on a limb after test riding several other machines. I just couldn't turn down the price. We bought the machine and the power bagger for 6500, while the next cheapest machine with power bagger was 9k.
We put a little over 200 hours on ours with zero problems. The only complaint, if you can call it that, is that it doesn't stripe as well as the exmark lazers we have had. This year I think we will add a striping kit to it.
We are looking at buying another one this year and now that they have come out with the Kawi as an option, I think this will be one of their biggest selling machines ever.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
We Bought the Husky MZ-t 52 Last spring. Kind of went out on a limb after test riding several other machines. I just couldn't turn down the price. We bought the machine and the power bagger for 6500, while the next cheapest machine with power bagger was 9k.
We put a little over 200 hours on ours with zero problems. The only complaint, if you can call it that, is that it doesn't stripe as well as the exmark lazers we have had. This year I think we will add a striping kit to it.
We are looking at buying another one this year and now that they have come out with the Kawi as an option, I think this will be one of their biggest selling machines ever.
Yes, the price really makes these machines hard not to take a close look at, and the Kawi engine being available on it for a very reasonable price makes it one of just a couple at the top of my list at the moment. They just seem to have almost everything you'd find in many other machines at a much cheaper price.

Thanks for the input! Hard to find input from people who actually use these machines!
Old 06-29-2014, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Member

I know i'm digging this thread back up but thought i would add my 2 cents. I have been running a mz 61 for the last 3 years and for the price i honestly don't think you will find a better mower.
Pros in my opinion:
easy to work on when needed.
grease zerks all over it.
cuts well wet or dry.
dependable.
holds hills great up and down or sideways.
large frame with zt3400 hydros.
Cons in my opinion:
terrible seat system but can be upgraded.
decks are of a soft steel and will bend or warp if hit hard enough.
i would like heavier deck spindles.
So to conclude this machine will last years if taken care of and i would buy again if need be but when it comes time to replace it i will go up to a heavier model for the thicker deck and heavier spindles. I use it commercially and with what few cons i have its an excellent mower with plenty of power.
Husky 22" sp
Old 06-30-2014, 01:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpriester View Post
I know i'm digging this thread back up but thought i would add my 2 cents. I have been running a mz 61 for the last 3 years and for the price i honestly don't think you will find a better mower.
Pros in my opinion:
easy to work on when needed.
grease zerks all over it.
cuts well wet or dry.
dependable.
holds hills great up and down or sideways.
large frame with zt3400 hydros.
Cons in my opinion:
terrible seat system but can be upgraded.
decks are of a soft steel and will bend or warp if hit hard enough.
i would like heavier deck spindles.
So to conclude this machine will last years if taken care of and i would buy again if need be but when it comes time to replace it i will go up to a heavier model for the thicker deck and heavier spindles. I use it commercially and with what few cons i have its an excellent mower with plenty of power.
I ended up going with a John Deere 920M, however these machines were in my top five for sure (probably top 3) when I finally made my purchase.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Member

I own a dealership in MI where we sell both Husqvarna & Ferris. We've been in business for less than two seasons now, but can share a few of my experiences.

Husqvarna Z's are great machines for the price. If you are just starting out and are on a limited budget, or if you need a 2nd Z or a "back up", the Husqvarna is a great choice. They are reliable and well made.

However, the average Ferris Z will mow circles around the Husqvarna's. It's not even close. Ferris mowers are faster, smoother, and way more responsive. We have a hard time selling the Husky's next to the Ferris'. As soon as a customer gets off a test ride with a Husky and then rides the Ferris, they never go back. The entry Ferris (600Z-made for homeowners) literally can run circles around the Husqvarna MZT that sells for $1500 more running the same 3400 transaxles.

Husqvarna Z's are excellent bargain price machines. Their fleet program in the spring is very good. They also treat their dealers well. BTW - Their saws, trimmers, and blowers are 1st class.

Above all else, find a dealer who truly wants to partner with you in helping you succeed. Does the dealer stock parts for the mowers they sell? Do they charge freight when parts are not in stock? Do they offer loaners when your mower is in the shop?
Old 09-11-2014, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If the Husky and Scag are almost the same, but the Husky is so much cheaper, where do they save the $?? Is Scag just greedy? You'd have a tough time getting me off my Scag mowers.....Glad you're happy with your purchase and I hope it works well for you, but the mowers you are comparing are not apples-apples. The last Scag I bought was last year, $7600 for a '13 leftover 61" 25 Kawi. Awesome mower, all day long.