Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-11-2014, 03:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopNotchLawnCare View Post
Are you going to be making anymore snow plowing vids?
Not sure at this point. I thought about trying to get creative with the gopro on the Bobcat.... Of course we need to get some snow first

Quote:
How do your like your 36" turf tracer? I am thinking about adding one to the fleet this coming season.

My question is how well does the mower mow the strip of grass in between the street and sidewalk. I have attempted this with larger walk behinds and have scalped the turf in the past and wanted to know what your experience has been.
We don't really use it all that much but it is invaluable for getting into a gate that's narrow. We picked up a Commercial 30 and have used it just as much, despite being 6" narrower it is almost as fast and takes up little trailer space. No issues with scalping with either mower...

Quote:
What size is your lawn care trailer at the beginning of this thread, I'm looking to upgrade from a single axel 6x12', to a longer length tandem axel. Is that a 16' footer or 18'. I am wanting to be able to fit three exmarks on it like you have there. Right now I got a 36 and a 60 turf tracer, I'm thinking whatever size you have there would fit an additional stander or ztr especially if I turn my 36 sideways. Thanks, Steve.
Gah, I'm not sure... It's 14 or 16 feet long. Definitely not 18.... I can measure it up and get you a number.

Sometime I'll have to post a few more pictures.. Added a few pieces of equipment and a new truck recently. Business is going well, need to pick it up for the coming season though.

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 12-11-2014, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Shiny new truck, pretty plain though.

Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 12-11-2014, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you do landscaping full time now? wernt you doing it part time and a mechanic full time for a while. Everything is nice as always
Old 12-11-2014, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I always enjoy following your post! Any more shop pics?

My picture thread:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=374000
Old 12-11-2014, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Good to hear that you're doing well.

"You have the ability to choose which way you want to go. You have to believe great things are going to happen in your life. Do everything you can - prepare, pray and achieve - to make it happen."
- Dr. Benjamin Carson

"Leadership - leadership is about taking responsibility, not making excuses."
- Mitt Romney

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself."
- Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-13-2014, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Scapes View Post
Do you do landscaping full time now? wernt you doing it part time and a mechanic full time for a while. Everything is nice as always
Still with Penske. 6 weeks of paid vacation, 6 sick days a year, plus paid holidays, cheap health insurance and good retirement matching by the company... you see where I'm going with this. Now if we suddenly go from where we are now to a few million in annual sales, then it's a different story, haha.

Sometimes I work 70 hour a week but that's rare. My average is 40+20-25...

It is however my brother's only gig. His salary is much larger than mine but he does more of the work(manual labor).

Implementing jobber+xero first of the year as well as finally getting a real website going(I've owned the domain for years, but it's a plain title page and that's it). Fertilizer sub couldn't take any more work, so I'm also going to get my applicator's license this winter. Excited for the future... lots in store.

I'll see what I can grab for pics this weekend. I'd love to get a picture of all the equipment rounded up in one spot, but I've been wanting to do that for a long time and it hasn't happened!

Quote:
Old 12-13-2014, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I was able to dig up a couple pics from this season, just random ones on my phone... Nothing extraordinary.

I'll see what else I can find.

Quote:
Old 12-14-2014, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Got a few more... as I was at the shop today for what, I don't know haha.

We actually have more space now as the tenant behind us moved out. So we have an actual office(moved everything out of my brother's basement) and some "inside" storage for things we aren't using, etc....

Too much crap...

Quote: