Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-22-2014, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Member

John Deere z900 series Mowers?

What is the difference between the z900 B, M and R series mowers vs the A series?? Do they still make the A series mowers?
Old 02-22-2014, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnDeer...ch?query=ztrak follow this link and with any luck you will find what you are looking for. Should be the first 3 vids listed.

All 3 have the same frame. Engine, trans, deck are your big choices to make. Watch the 3 vids or let me know if that link is no goodskie.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The new R is the same as the previous A model. The R comes std with the C&C package while it was an option on the A model. Some guys like it, some don't.

I personally am glad I bought my A model while I still could. I don't like the looks of the newer machines, and they cheapened up the rear frame /facia metal compared to the A. you'd have to look at them side by side, and know what you are looking at, but trust me, the difference is real, and it is easy to see once you know what to look at.

The B model is a replacement for the previous Z700A machines, and the M is an in between machine- better than the B, but not as loaded as the R.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Ok, so do they still make the A models?, or is the new three the newest models you can get?
Old 02-23-2014, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neblawncare23 View Post
Ok, so do they still make the A models?, or is the new three the newest models you can get?
Last Spring I was told I had to chose from one of the 3 new models. They were able to find leftovers, but the prices were much higher than the new models. We couldn't get together on my trade in so I still rock the Toro.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by neblawncare23 View Post
They still show the A models on their site and will do so until the existing NOS inventory dries up. Here, the new model R that replaces the A is higher to buy new. The A has more features than the B and M models, so they still cost more than those two do new.