Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-10-2014, 07:00 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbdlawnscapes View Post
Right. I'm in the process of studying it and such. I just was thinking off the top of my head. Planning on doing an app on a row of viburnum at my place tomorrow to try it out. What about during the winter? Does the app rate change as the weather may have an effect on plant growth naturally? Or do you stick to a routine app which seems to be about 3-4months or so, even though a cold snap may stunt growth? Just trying to be as thorough as I can. This stuff ain't cheap!
Same rate. You will love it. I would start looking at about 8 to 10 weeks in and see how the plant is responding. I would advise you to let the plant to come out of it your first time around. That way you will understand what you are seeing and better understand your follow up apps in the future. If that makes sense.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 10-21-2014, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Same rate. You will love it. I would start looking at about 8 to 10 weeks in and see how the plant is responding. I would advise you to let the plant to come out of it your first time around. That way you will understand what you are seeing and better understand your follow up apps in the future. If that makes sense.
Well just to check in its been about two weeks since I did my first app and the viburnum I treated looks the same as when I first trimmed it. Things are starting to slow down a bit anyway but so far so good.
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Well just to check in its been about two weeks since I did my first app and the viburnum I treated looks the same as when I first trimmed it. Things are starting to slow down a bit anyway but so far so good.

BTW which product did you choose?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
If you applied right after pruning ....they will look like that for a good bit

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Patriot, I've been using the atrimmec. Poet, that's exactly what I did. Now I find myself thinking that I just need to spray it on all the viburnum and Eugenia and ligustrums I see. This property also has about 12 ligustum trees that are all "umbrella's". It seems to be holding them nice and tight as well. So far I am pleased with the product. I am through about half the gallon of the stuff now but I can definitely see the value in it, and its a lot less physically demanding than trimming hedges every other week.