Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-05-2014, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes, it's still an option and is about 300 MSRP cheaper than the suspension seat for a seat upgrade from the standard seat, but Ridin' Green would be better at describing it.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Better than that, I'll show you. The top pic is after I installed the suspension seat insert kit as can be seen by the adjustment knob under the front/center of the seat, which is missing in the second pic taken last year early-
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2014, 01:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitPicky1 View Post
Thanks guys for your input. I've seen Mic Hippy's comments about the VX4 QOC and have really moved them into more of a 4th place. I'm leaning towards the Gravely 460 with the FX850V, the Scag Turf Tiger with either the FD791DFI or 35Hp Vanguard, or the John Deere Z950M with the FX850V. I'm going this Saturday to demo all three. I've already demoed the Scag Turf Tiger before and really like it, but I don't want to get the orange blinders on and get the best deal for the money. Yes, it's at the higher end of the spectrum price wise, but by demoing all three on the same day, it will give me a better feeling of what fits me better. I've been warming up a lot to the Gravely and John Deere here after reading through posts on this forum, but need to spend a little more time on them in person. I know I will get good dealer support on the John Deere and Scag, but I'm limited on options on the Gravely due to only one Gravely dealer that isn't 1+ hours away. The only good thing about Gravely is the corporate customer support I have been hearing about from other posters, so that puts me a little more at ease. Bottom line, I am just looking for a good QOC from a long lasting machine that feels right and I think I've narrowed my choices down to good options. Plus thanks to Ridin' Green and southerntide's posts I've been reading, I've pulled John Deere back up into the top three. Thanks guys for your info!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-06-2014, 02:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Do you have a ferris dealer close by? If you are still demo'ing mowers you need to try out a S3100 with independent suspension. I currently run scag turf tigers and have just demoed a ferris 3100 with 26hp vanguard big block. I absolutely love the better ride quality and it also has bigger spindles than my tigers have. The tigers are very dependable but after 1 back surgery the ride is becoming more important to me also these days.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-06-2014, 04:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntide View Post
People have been cutting and chopping on the Hustler decks to try to improve them they must not be to great. If you go scag stay away from Turf Tiger major hydro issues, Cheetahs different hydros way expensive
Don't know where to start. Unless the mower your using has unitized pumps/motors then they have the exact same system as the turf tiger. Turf tigers are the most durable, and cleanest cutting mower for the most different conditions. Hydros are top notch. How many turf tigers have you owned ???
Shindaiwa t-270, eb-630
Scag giant vac w/ 18 hp vanguard
Redmax 8500