Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-11-2014, 03:54 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsole View Post
I hope you can use yoga to your advantage. It allows you to reach your potential in many ways, helps strengthen the nervous, muscular, respitory, and circulatory systems, and brings you peace of mind!
So much truth to this!! Yoga is the fountain of youth. Do it slowly and listen to the instructor. Breathing is the key. Your body and your mind. Keep it as healthy as you can. Success follows in unimaginable ways
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-11-2014, 07:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Good luck man. It will get better. First day back to work in 06 I was hit head on while driving a cabover.. Woman on a cell phone crossed the center line. Worked first half of that season on crutches. You will learn to appreciate the small improvments that come every week.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks for the positive comments. I heard there was some hotties doing yoga lessons on youtube so I will try that in the morning before work. My knee was in pain this morning since the rod starts at the bottom of the knee and goes up to the hip almost.

Stan, you are lucky my best friend/brother/worker (Adam) was like that he use to push his street bikes, Mustangs, and Harleys all the time. My lawns are near his house and every time the mother sees me she beeps or hugs me at the gas station and cries. I keep the streetbike even though it's totaled and into pieces but have it in the garage so it makes me remember the good memories of Adam and I working on it late nights with a beer and food joking around. The other reason is to remind me I cheated death and not to buy another bike.

I remember I signed a waiver which I found in my room in a folder that says there was a chance of them removing my LEG!

"Money & Power leads to Greed and usually ends with Corruption."

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

" A LEADER will always have more haters than a FOLLOWER."
Old 04-11-2014, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Try Erin Motz 30 day yoga challenge. She's good!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-11-2014, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2j5kjoXDB8 I never knew yoga like this, thought it was just basic stretching.

"Money & Power leads to Greed and usually ends with Corruption."

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

" A LEADER will always have more haters than a FOLLOWER."
Old 04-11-2014, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Last June I had a seizure while driving my truck (luckily it was a rain day and I didn't have the trailer attached). I was on the highway. The truck went to the right and slammed into a guard rail. It then proceeded to flip end over end about 3 times (according to eyewitness reports) and spit me out the drivers side window. The truck came to rest halfway over me, but luckily I was in a little bit of a ditch. No other vehicles involved. I walked out of the hospital about 4 hours later with a black eye, a headache and a few scratches on my arm. I was working again 2 days later. Ya just never know.

Oh yeah....I'm back on my seizure medication they told me I didn't have to take any more.

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 04-12-2014, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloscaperman View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2j5kjoXDB8 I never knew yoga like this, thought it was just basic stretching.
Actually yoga is a scientific practice that leads to control over the mind, senses and body. It has nothing to do with women in spandex as it is made out to be. I am not saying that is right or wrong, but that is a different thing than Yoga.
The physical postures in yoga are only the 3rd of 8 stages that make up the system. Basically the postures are to keep the body strong and to calm the mind and body for meditation.
Good luck. Please let me know if you have any questions. Yoga changed my life and improved me infinitely times over and its something I like to help other people catch
Old 04-12-2014, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You are 90% of the way back. You will get the rest of the way in due time. Keep looking forward.

The ONE who brought you this far will get you the rest of the way.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Member

yoga

Not sure if you all know the Jake the snake Roberts story or Scott Hall (ex pro wrestlers) that where basically going to die or be in wheelchairs and apparently they got involved in yoga and they made unreal comebacks and look great and are clean and healthy. I guess it really does work..
Old 04-12-2014, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Member

best of luck/wishes to you

2002 chevy
10 foot trailer
16 foot trailer
Exmark 52" Turf Tracer
Echo 210
Echo 230
PB 251 (2)
Echo 770
Lawn Solutions Turf Revitalizer