Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-15-2013, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks, and you have helped me before, I just never had to directly ask for help. Nothing better than speaking to a pro. By the way what's that real job. If you do not work in the industry you should. Like I said before thanks and I appreciate the help.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

My real job is maintaining every piece of eqpt for a semi large landscape company....
When I'm not at work....I don't work on too much stuff...
Think of me .....as the guy behind the scenes that nobody sees and that keeps everything working..
Anonymity serves me well..
Kinda like...The Wizard of Oz....
Old 09-16-2013, 06:56 AM
LawnSite Member

I kind of figured something like that, I need a real job one day!!! I have been cutting grass for a lot of years and you and a couple other people on this site are a tremendous help. If I had a shop that was dependable and not full of ****, I would just take it in. Why does a Dixie chopper hurt my back soo much more than a Scag. Tire pressure or seat. Thank you sir.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn co View Post
I kind of figured something like that, I need a real job one day!!! I have been cutting grass for a lot of years and you and a couple other people on this site are a tremendous help. If I had a shop that was dependable and not full of ****, I would just take it in. Why does a Dixie chopper hurt my back soo much more than a Scag. Tire pressure or seat. Thank you sir.
Could be tires and tire pressure and could be seat You have any photos
Old 09-17-2013, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Doesn't Dixie use a hot shuttle on some of their mowers on the hydro set up?
Old 06-24-2014, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Bumping this hopefully to solve an issue. Lost a pump last year on my 2006 XT3300 at about 800hrs and was pretty bummed. Dealer say t box sw empty and showed how you could tell it was leaking because of all the moist dirt build up between the t box and pump. So I noticed this on the other side and pulle the cover...nearly empty! I filled it with generic 80-w90 carefully, to about 1/8-1/4" over the shaft (not all the way to the top of the highest gear) looks like I will be checking this regularly so did I do right? Should I suck the fluid out and use another kind or a synthetic? Also any idea how much it should cost to get the seal between the pump and the t box? Sure is annoying but it is what it is.

Thanks,

Z
Old 06-24-2014, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zspeed130 View Post
Bumping this hopefully to solve an issue. Lost a pump last year on my 2006 XT3300 at about 800hrs and was pretty bummed. Dealer say t box sw empty and showed how you could tell it was leaking because of all the moist dirt build up between the t box and pump. So I noticed this on the other side and pulle the cover...nearly empty! I filled it with generic 80-w90 carefully, to about 1/8-1/4" over the shaft (not all the way to the top of the highest gear) looks like I will be checking this regularly so did I do right? Should I suck the fluid out and use another kind or a synthetic? Also any idea how much it should cost to get the seal between the pump and the t box? Sure is annoying but it is what it is.

Thanks,

Z
There a gasket between the spacer and T Box Then Between the pump and the Spacer there is a O ring
I use 80w90 + I add maybe 10-12 pumps of Gun grease to thicken it up
I fill to the top mine has the breather hose on it

I have a 06 XT3300 and you have to check it time to time I replace the O ring on both sides and gasket Some reason over time starts to leak again So I pump gun grease inthere so its little thicker takes longer to leak out
Old 06-24-2014, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks! That's an interesting tip on the grease. I thought about adding a resiviour to the end of the vent hose. I saw something about that on here somwhere. Hen I assume I could watch the resivor and fill there?
Old 06-25-2014, 07:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Some of the Dixie Classics came with a oil tank and yes you could keep a eye on the level and add to the tank.

Tank #200234
Mount bracket #200325

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Old 06-25-2014, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zspeed130 View Post
Thanks! That's an interesting tip on the grease. I thought about adding a resiviour to the end of the vent hose. I saw something about that on here somwhere. Hen I assume I could watch the resivor and fill there?
Yes they are $40-50 for the tank I been watching on e-bay for one for my 06
My 2010 2011 2013 has the tanks on them

Here another tip If your deck starts moving forward and backwards and sounds like your belts are slipping The new models have adjustable Deck Bars and They will fit the 06 model So you can keep the belts tight when you engage the blades
Last week I put set on $44 each made my XT3300 like new again