The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-09-2015, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Actually I looked at the pricing again and the $39/month version of Arborgold doesn't include invoicing and estimating features. So it's really $99/month but looks like there is much more capability to customize the look of estimates and invoices compared to yardbook. Plus the $99/month gives multiple users access so crews can use it in the field. I'm giving it a serious look this winter.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Member

take a look at ManageMart.com
there's a free version that includes invoicing and core needs.
the paid version is $19/month, or less if you do several months at a time. no add on fees. even client login widget you can put on your own website.
also has SnailMail
Old 01-14-2016, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Your brain.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-15-2016, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Cody, it sounds like you need to keep it simple. CRM tools, at this point of your business, would be overkill in my opinion. I think you should try Google Calendar.

We manage our schedule of 90 clients with Google Calendar. We don't use it because it's free, we use it because it's the best thing I've found so far. Color coding jobs, a different calendar (and color) for each crew's list of clients, excellent sync to smartphones, and very simple and FAST to set up.

I gave Jobber a try for about three months but I didn't like the scheduling features very much. It was bulky, too complicated, and overdone. From what I could tell, other similar companies offered very similar features so I didn't try any of those.

In short, I suggest you dabble with Google Calendar and see if it fits your needs. If it doesn't, keep looking. But I think it will fit your 40-50 client growing business better than you think. Its strongest feature is recurring events. You can set up all your clients to recur on the calendar every week, ten days, two weeks, whichever you need, and then you'll NEVER miss a client because they'll show up on your calendar when they're supposed to be cut. Awesome. I know this is a common feature for calendar programs, but Google makes it so simple and easy, and free...

You can also add the client's address so your team members can reference it if they forget a location. (it happens)

See my attached images for a screenshot example. The first image is how to make an event and the second is what it looks like once it's on the calendar.

Feel free to ask more questions if you'd like. Or message me. I'm happy to help more if I can.
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2016, 03:43 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Sylvester View Post
You can also add the client's address so your team members can reference it if they forget a location. (it happens)
Adam,
That's cool, but be careful because you might be missing information as you grow. At some point you are going to want to track your marketing (cusotmer source) pricing, multiple jobs with different crews, have scheduling that changes during the season, track employee efficiency, send follow up emails, track chemical usage for your state authority, optimize your routes, and send invoices to your customers.

The Google Calendar option will work to a point, but eventually you are going to be adding a lot of other services to handle the other parts of your business that don't fit into a calendar.

Make sure that you are thinking about handling 200 customers, so that as you grow your systems adapt to manage those cusotmers, employees, etc. and make profit.

I think the biggest thing about tracking a lot of the "extra" data is that you can measure how your marketing is doing, how efficient your employees are, and how accurate your estimates are. Then you make changes based on the information that you have instead of taking a "shot in the dark."
Succeeding in Lawn Maintenance book

CLIP Lawn Care
Maryland / Tennessee
Old 01-15-2016, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Dave, I agree with you. I'm looking into more robust options for the future so we "grow into them." But I was strictly answering Cody's question while everyone else seemed set on telling him about CRM. That's not what he asked about.

For someone with 50 clients, Google Calendar, in my opinion, is the best option. Most of the options you mentioned (which I assume CLIP does them all...) are either possible with Google Calendar, Quickbooks (which he already uses) or not important at Cody's stage of business.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2 View Post
Adam,
That's cool, but be careful because you might be missing information as you grow. At some point you are going to want to track your marketing (cusotmer source) pricing, multiple jobs with different crews, have scheduling that changes during the season, track employee efficiency, send follow up emails, track chemical usage for your state authority, optimize your routes, and send invoices to your customers.

The Google Calendar option will work to a point, but eventually you are going to be adding a lot of other services to handle the other parts of your business that don't fit into a calendar.

Make sure that you are thinking about handling 200 customers, so that as you grow your systems adapt to manage those cusotmers, employees, etc. and make profit.

I think the biggest thing about tracking a lot of the "extra" data is that you can measure how your marketing is doing, how efficient your employees are, and how accurate your estimates are. Then you make changes based on the information that you have instead of taking a "shot in the dark."
Im talking to us fleet systems right now (entertaining moving to different GPS provider) they have some neat syncing with CLIP (being able to populate GPs map with clip customer data base)

Dave do you guys know on your end, is there a way (maybe through clip2go or the Itc APP) that the guys can see where they are so the don't get lost?

I hate using the phone thing really... because guys forget to charge them, and they are on them way too much as it is.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:50 AM
Sponsor

Not sure I understand. There are usually maps options on the phone. In CLIP2go for directions I think we hook into the native apps provider (take me to the next stop type of thing).
Succeeding in Lawn Maintenance book

CLIP Lawn Care
Maryland / Tennessee

Tags
accounting , field management , scheduling , software , software programs