Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-07-2014, 01:20 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc33 View Post
Did I catch your attention? Good thats the idea

I have "access" to a Lamborghini and think Im gonna give it a whirl to see what kind of calls I can generate from the attention it grabs on its own. What better advertising to catch peoples attention then people WANTING to look at it eh?
Figure Ill get some signs to go in its windows and park it in selective areas that draw crowds, especially upscale areas.

I have thought about this many ways and can see some positives from this, aswell as negatives that could come from this sort of advertising. Do you think this would draw positive results or more negative results in the upscale areas?
If I had one I wouldn't be mowing
Old 08-05-2014, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

OP, any update?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-06-2014, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Member

How much does it cost you to have "access"? Everybody seems to be hating on the idea, but if it works who cares what anybody says?

If you can budget to test it out for a couple days, why not try it out? Too many people make judgements before trying things. If it fails, well it was a cool story and you now know one marketing tactic that doesn't work.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:57 AM
LawnSite Member

i thought about if i made enough actually buying a lambo and racing it at races with my logo on the side. except it would have to be a televised race to get alot of attention. and it would really only work for advertising a site where you sell products not lawn service. but needless to say its still on my bucket list.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonbell1991 View Post
i thought about if i made enough actually buying a lambo and racing it at races with my logo on the side. except it would have to be a televised race to get alot of attention. and it would really only work for advertising a site where you sell products not lawn service. but needless to say its still on my bucket list.
Do you have any experience in racing higj end road cars. Its a sport for guys that don't cut grass and can afford race crews, rigs ,parts and all the support a race car and team need. All of which has to be insanely expensive. Let's look at putting your name on it as a means of advertising. How many races have you watched that lead to you buying a product because its name was on the side of a race car? That's a crap ton of advertising dollars and time. An expensive hobby for the guy that is so far removed from daily operations of LCO he probably doesn't even know most of his employees.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-20-2014, 09:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

How about using quality work, solid reputation, and happy clients as advertisement?

You're putting the cart before the horse by thinking some cheesy gimmick is going to get you more business.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-20-2014, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Didnt the National Guard just pull the plug on Earnhart? I think they were spending like $20mil a year with very low results.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-20-2014, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoghornLeghorn View Post
How about using quality work, solid reputation, and happy clients as advertisement?

Posted via Mobile Device
Thats gotta be the worst idea i have ever heard of! That cant possibly work.
Im just joking, thats what we do. We stopped advertising. We have a website but it just looks nice, our SEO is non existant dang near. Most of our new clients are acquired by word of mouth.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-20-2014, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonbell1991 View Post
Thanks for the memories and the laugh. I read this as if it was a conversation between 12 year old me and my buddy talking about what we're going to do when we grow up. Although our idea was probably a Ferrari 308, Christie Brinkley, and a logo for our underwater house-building business.

On a related note, if anyone has any tips for offering underwater kelp mowing services, please PM me.