Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-11-2014, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
Thanks Falcon, I'll look into those vents.

Y'all have a great day. We're busy,busy,busy.
Have you started Round 2 yet? What products do you typically use on round 2?
Old 04-11-2014, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I have about 2 more days of residentials to do. After that, I have 8 McDonalds and 64 Rent houses that I do for one guy(I'm in the wrong business), then we'll start R-2 late next week.

I spread dry 28-3-10 50%slow at .5 -.75lbs/1000 to start and we spot spray weeds with the usuals, 3 way, manor, etc...

As the grass greens up, I bump up the rate of fert. The lawns are a full month behind the usual for this time of year due to the prolonged and severe winter weather. We've gotten done with 2 guys this year what took 3 last year thanks to our Z's.

Thank you Z-Spray/LT Rich!
Old 04-11-2014, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
I have about 2 more days of residentials to do. After that, I have 8 McDonalds and 64 Rent houses that I do for one guy(I'm in the wrong business), then we'll start R-2 late next week.

I spread dry 28-3-10 50%slow at .5 -.75lbs/1000 to start and we spot spray weeds with the usuals, 3 way, manor, etc...

As the grass greens up, I bump up the rate of fert. The lawns are a full month behind the usual for this time of year due to the prolonged and severe winter weather. We've gotten done with 2 guys this year what took 3 last year thanks to our Z's.

Thank you Z-Spray/LT Rich!
I figure you're doing fine or better at the business you're in. Have the windy days made it hard for you to work? Does it seem like there have been more than usual?
Old 04-11-2014, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
I figure you're doing fine or better at the business you're in. Have the windy days made it hard for you to work? Does it seem like there have been more than usual?
April has been pretty much par for the course here. I've lost 3.5 days to wind and or rain. We had a good day today. My new guy is about ready to turn loose on his own Z...just waiting for my new 60gal Max to get here. Then we can really up our production. We are 1/2 way through r2 for us.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrashears View Post
April has been pretty much par for the course here. I've lost 3.5 days to wind and or rain. We had a good day today. My new guy is about ready to turn loose on his own Z...just waiting for my new 60gal Max to get here. Then we can really up our production. We are 1/2 way through r2 for us.
You do split apps of pre? Everyone around here has really struggled to get their first apps out...Except for Fairway Lawns. They're halfway through R-3 (They do 7 or 8)

Yes rain, wind, and 4 inches of ice on the ground for a week (just less than 4 weeks ago) have made wrapping this up in a timely fashion extremely difficult. A balmy 83F yesterday. Go Figure
Old 04-12-2014, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes. We do split apps of pre. Post twice. We only spot from here on out and a pre in the fall.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:28 AM
LawnSite Member

So here's my contribution....

I purchased a 25 gal. aux tank from LT Rich to use for days when I'm doing high volume spraying (large apt. complexes, athletic fields, etc.) Switching from hopper to tank takes about 20 mins, just 6 bolts and quick connects on hoses, as well as removing hopper cables. Also, since I have an obsession with flashing lights on everything I own, I've had 6 Whelen flashing LED's installed on my Z. Four white Hide-A-Ways in the boom with an alternating pattern, as well as two amber TIR3's below the fert boxes in the rear. Wired up to a rocker switch in one of the factory aux switch holes. Looks like a factory install. Really helps with visibility on edges of roads and street corners, as well as really turns peoples heads driving by and draws attention to my work.

Here's a link to my FB page with a video of the lights:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=3&theater