The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-02-2013, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

On a side note you will love the dumper in your truck orangemower
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-02-2013, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We don't charge our regular customers for dbl cutting but if a new customer calls and their grass is high we charge a min of 50% extra and explain to them that we want the lawn to look good when we are done and if we don't dbl cut it it won't look good. They always go with our recommendation.

For a regular customer that has a treated lawn I would look at decreasing time between services in the spring and explain to them why. If it was just a few customers with small lawns I would probably dbl cut at regular price.

For those of you who bag, how are you doing your pricing?

Scag mowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
www.ClarksvilleLawnCare.us

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
-Og Mandino
Old 05-02-2013, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The arrangement I have with my customers is that I'll mow just at the point where it needs mowing. For most, this time of year it's every 3-6 days, depending on the lawn. If it gets to the point that it needs double cut, like a few did yesterday, it's my fault and I certainly can't charge them extra for it.

I do have a few folks who don't want their lawn mowed more than once a week. For them I just don't double-cut.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
How long does it take you to run over the lawn the second time? Are you doing an actual double cut or are you cutting it once and then doing a cleanup cut? I've found in my case, that the cleanup cut only takes a few minutes depending on the size of the lawn.
no actually double cutting in diff directions, if i just ran over the lawn again would be great but when i tried to blast through i usually would have to run it 3-4 times to get rid of all the clippings ,the lawns are taking double the time they usually take , a $35 lawn that should take 45 min from gate down to gate up is usually taking 1 hour and 20 min , and its about 15 lawns that are about a half acre in size
Old 05-03-2013, 07:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
If I have to double cut I raise the blades up a 1/4" and fly through the lawn. The first cut may take 20 minutes but to clean it up only takes about 5, maybe less. No extra charge over here
Posted via Mobile Device
im usually running the mower for an hour, plus 20 min for edge,trim,blow on the over medicated ones , i wish it was just 20 min
Old 05-03-2013, 07:11 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
On a side note you will love the dumper in your truck orangemower
Posted via Mobile Device
When I started doing clean ups. I bought a Loadhandler. Works great if the load doesn't get locked in front of the fender wells. Just so you know. I'm talking about a kit that dumps the actual bed. No insert, that just adds weight. After yesterday, I can't hardly wait until I can push a button. LOL