Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-17-2014, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
It rains everyday in Washington lol

I think this may be the worst October Ive ever had.
Lately its been every Friday. Sunny and warm yesterday, should have done a few off Fridays route.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A customer who has to be reminded about paying every time, and she acts like she's tired of dealing with me. I get to a point where i'm okay with getting stiffed, if she'd just go ahead and get someone else. I feel relieved when no check is showing up, and she won't return my calls. I get excited about the light feeling and replacing her with a good customer, then the check shows up.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Not business related, but a large tree branch fell on my 79 Caddy, it was out of the gargue for about 20 minutes, Im highly poed
Old 10-18-2014, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudosun View Post
A customer who has to be reminded about paying every time, and she acts like she's tired of dealing with me. I get to a point where i'm okay with getting stiffed, if she'd just go ahead and get someone else. I feel relieved when no check is showing up, and she won't return my calls. I get excited about the light feeling and replacing her with a good customer, then the check shows up.
Yeah, I have a few I would like to fire.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Had a customer get in my face today.
Over something relatively minor, out of the blue, I mean this one was ready to fight.

I should have took her up on her offer just to watch the top of her head flip off, but I didn't.
I know she was trying to get rid of me, I'm sure I'll never find out the real reason why.
I had no choice but to resign, the yard's been a test most of the year.
Definitely wasn't sorry to see her go, I hope that's the end of it.
Still burns a bit.

Last edited by herler; 10-18-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
Not business related, but a large tree branch fell on my 79 Caddy, it was out of the gargue for about 20 minutes, Im highly poed
Considering how those cars were built, how much damage was done to the tree?
Old Yesterday, 03:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Had a lot of mowing today due to recent rainy weather setting me back . Got to my first property and about half way through the cut I started loosing my hydro control. Some how I just made it back to the trailer and shut her down . As I rounded the mower to take a look see I find the hydro belt shredded. Go grab the tools and spare belt from the front tongue box and crawl under to get started . I spun all the pulleys to see if something was locked up . On the left hydro pulley it looked like part of the belt was still in the pulley so I reached up to knock it out. It wasn't a piece of rubber it was a rock lodged in the pulley tightly. Took some prying but finally got it out and installed the new belt . Fired her up and all was well again......So I thought

Mowed about 10 more minutes and now my blades shut off....WTH now I says . Back to the trailer once more. Apparently this time it was self inflicted as I apparently didn't recheck the deck belt was around all the pulley's correctly or something after installing the hydro belt on the first repair. Grabbed the spare belt for it and triple checked my routing and all was good this time. The rest of the day was trouble free but was behind an extra hr and my money clip is now $70 lighter.